Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They would get quite a lawsuit then...
    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
      They would get quite a lawsuit then...
      or spell it the stupid british way, Civilisations, or something.
      "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
      - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Actually, British is the real English . I spell Civilizations with Z just because of Sid...

Comment

Let us quit lying to ourselves and admit that true TBS players only like RON because of its turn-based CTW game, which was intentionally designed to be as little fun as possible ... like all other turn-based games.

This is why AOK, AOM, and (shudder) StarCraft and WarCraft III are not on Apolyton: nothing like CTW in them and they are too much fun to play. Can't have that! Spoils the digestion.
          i · b · a = 3 · i · e ^ μ

Comment

Originally posted by wilebill
            Let us quit lying to ourselves and admit that true TBS players only like RON because of its turn-based CTW game, which was intentionally designed to be as little fun as possible ... like all other turn-based games.

This is why AOK, AOM, and (shudder) StarCraft and WarCraft III are not on Apolyton: nothing like CTW in them and they are too much fun to play. Can't have that! Spoils the digestion.

I like this guy.
            If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

No. I actually enjoy the other parts quite well, too.

AoK, AoM and these games are not here, because they have NOTHING in common with Civ. RoN comes from one of the creators of Civ, and also does have quite some Civ elements in the gameplay.

Comment

The reason I like this site is that the posse of "|337 d00dz" who "r0x0rz n00bz h00 sUx0rz" are not inteligent to understand the complexities of civ gaming. Now, I'm sure we'll see one or two new guys who consider themselves "|337 d00dz3z" but when we ignore them, they will no longer use that type of speech if they want to get a question answered.

As far as Rise of Nations on Apolyton, I'm glad. This is the only place I've even found decent info about it, and the only reason I played it was because 'poly covered it. I do NOT want to see Apolyton expand into all RTS games tho, who ever said it will dirty up the boards in "|337 sp33|<" is right. It is only something that is funny every now and again, but not in every post.
                First Master, Banan-Abbot of the Nana-stary, and Arch-Nan of the Order of the Sacred Banana.
                Marathon, the reason my friends and I have been playing the same hotseat game since 2006...

Comment

j00 r 4|| n00bs h00 sUx0rs, I M a l33t h4x0r, I 0wnZ0R 4t R0N!!1 ph34r My M4D 5KilL5, doODz!!!1`
                  Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

haxer jo bXbx

Comment

why do some words end with "0rZ" or "0rs" or "ZOR"??

I don't get it.

you "suxors"? I "ownzor"? I can get noobs and hoo and leet and ****e, but what the heck is that?

I only know haxorz, since i have a buddy who is a leet haxor. No really. He is. He was among the founders of blacksun, and securitywriters.org .

Comment

threadjack complete? comp1337?

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus
                          j00 r 4|| n00bs h00 sUx0rs, I M a l33t h4x0r, I 0wnZ0R 4t R0N!!1 ph34r My M4D 5KilL5, doODz!!!1`
                          Post is reported to the mods !!

Noxor moroxor Roxor xor
                          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

and this is still before Zylka has entered it, mind...

Comment

why do some words end with "0rZ" or "0rs" or "ZOR"??
                              I have absolutely no clue (not like I ever used l33t before), I guess that's just a l33t thing to do

I *am* a mod (Just not of this forum )
                              Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

quote:

I *am* a mod (Just not of this forum )

Ok.., a real mod then
                                Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                                Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Working...
                                X