Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

List your graphic card & result for RON!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by skystreak
    p4 2.6
    Radeon 9700 Pro
    1.5 gig ram
    SB Audigy

Quick Battle- random lockups, freezes, etc. Been playing in 16 bit color and with some audio codecs turned off. I was unable to play more than 30 mins but this seemed ot work and now I can sometimes play an entire game. However, I still frequently get freezes and lockups but at least the game will now actually play over 30 mins.

I am unable to do anything about CTW. Crashes when it load it. I get no error message.

Buggiest game I've played in two years and coming from a Microsoft game, which is supposed to be so software/hardware friendly, thats pathetic.
    Do you have the newest drivers installed in your ATI card ? I had problems too in the past with other games (med total war, rogue squadron 3D, ...) but from the moment I installed those new drivers everthing runs perfectly
    "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

I updated drivers for ATI card: got rid of problem of white silhouettes where the buildings are, did not make a difference with CTW crash bug (exactly as described above in this thread).

Originally posted by dannubis

Do you have the newest drivers installed in your ATI card ? I had problems too in the past with other games (med total war, rogue squadron 3D, ...) but from the moment I installed those new drivers everthing runs perfectly

Comment

AMD T 1000 Mhz
        Radeon 9000 Pro (Maya)
        Win 2000, SP3.

After patch no problems at all.

Comment

P4 1.7Ghz
          256 MB Ram
          GeForce 2MX

Going to buy some extra ram soon.

Planning to buy a new videocard as soon as a game I like requires it.

RON didn't trigger that though. Runs fine.

Maybe when Deus Ex 2 arrives.

Comment

AMD Athlon 900
            Hercules 3D Prophet 4500
            VIA PCI Audio Controller

1. Cant play CTW => EXCEPTION ERROR
            2. Cant change resolution to 1240x1024 => FREEZE
            3. Randomly freezes

Bah !

Comment

Win XP Pro SP 1
              Athlon XP 2700+
              768 MB RAM
              A7N8X Deluxe
              Raedon 9000 Pro 128
              No issues
              cIV list: cheats
              Now watch this drive!

Comment

Celeron 700 processor
                448 MB RAM
                Windows ME
                nVidia XFX GeForce4 MMX 440 SE *AGP* video card

the demo runs pretty well, usually at 20-25 fps - which looks good. When there is a lot happening it drops to 5 or 6 fps, but it can be kept up to about 10 if most graphic effects are turned to low (except for the necessary stuff like 'units'). Overall, it is very playable, and slower game speeds improve it a lot (the jerkiness is not so obvious)

Actually, I put in an AGP card afterwards (me being an idiot, I had assumed that I only had PCI slots) and now it runs more like 30 fps when nothing it going on, and about 12-15 when you're involved in a major fight. This is with the lowest resolution, and only units, particles and dead bodies set to high.
                Last edited by Andrew_Jay; June 13, 2003, 20:02.
                You sunk my Scrableship!

Comment

Working...
                X