Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

List your graphic card & result for RON!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, still AMD Athlon 2600+
    ASUS A7N8X Deluxe
    GeForce4 Ti4200
    512 Ram
    Windows 2000.

Works pretty good now, but does crash to desktop fairly frequently. My earlier problems were my own stupidity in that I'd fubared my video driver.
    -Sencho

"Even the clearest and most perfect circumstantial evidence is likely to be at fault, after all, and therefore ought to be received with great caution. " - Mark Twain

Comment

p4 2.6
      Radeon 9700 Pro
      1.5 gig ram
      SB Audigy

Quick Battle- random lockups, freezes, etc. Been playing in 16 bit color and with some audio codecs turned off. I was unable to play more than 30 mins but this seemed ot work and now I can sometimes play an entire game. However, I still frequently get freezes and lockups but at least the game will now actually play over 30 mins.

I am unable to do anything about CTW. Crashes when it load it. I get no error message.

Buggiest game I've played in two years and coming from a Microsoft game, which is supposed to be so software/hardware friendly, thats pathetic.

Comment

Athlon xp 1800+ @ 2000+, 512 mb ram and geforce 3

No problem at all. Had to switch off the refresh tool to avoid a black screen.

Comment

Initially I was able to play the tutorials but crashed to desktop with no errors or exceptions on the Quick Learn after 5-15 minutes of play.

I updated my vid driver with the latest from NVIDIA and I have not crashed to desktop since. I am running driver version 4.4.0.3. Only playing solo...no CTW yet. My frame rates are fine and the game plays smooth but I have not had any really large battles. I have other bug problems but I'll post em elsewhere.

Win2K pro SP3 with most hot patches
          AMD XP 1800
          512 Meg
          30 Gig Maxtor
          NVIDIA Geforce4 MX 440 128DDR AGP 8X running at 4X
          Crappy Chaintec MB with VIA chipset / on board sound

I would also note that I used to crash to desktop on BF1942 when I only had 256 Meg and my AGP buffer was set to 128. When I changed this to 64 ....no more crashes....Upgraded mem to 512 Meg and changed AGP buffer setting to 128....no crashes. Don't know if this applies here but the rule of thumb is that your AGP buffer setting should be no more than half your memory....and in some cases, like BF1942....it was still too high.

Comment

NVIDIA GeForce 256 AGP
            RAM 128MGB
            Pentium 2
            Windows 98

Gives me a dialog box saying Driver is not recommended.

The game startup movie and initial menus work fine.
            As soon as it loads the tutorial the screen goes to
            gibberish and I have to use the three finger salute.

I could not find how to get a driver directly from NVIDIA, but I got one from dell. No joy.

Anybody see/fix this?
            If it ain't broke, find a bigger hammer.

Comment

For checkmate

Here is a link for nvidia drivers. But looking at your config, you may have other probs. 128 Meg is pretty skinny. You could also check your AGP aperture size in BIOS. Rule of thumb is half available mem, but I have found that in some games, and depending on what you have running on your box, half does not work. I had to cut it down to less than half until I increased main memory on my box.

Comment

Thanks very much Cosian , downloading the driver alone was able to get me running. Got through a few tutorials now.

THANKS!!
                If it ain't broke, find a bigger hammer.

Comment

AMD 2100+, 256mb DDR ram (pc2700)*2 (512mb total), Asus Geforce4 ti4400.

Game freezes/restarts the computer after 0-15 minutes, i have played one quick battle without any problems, but thats just one time, tried multiplayer like 5-10 times, always hangs, tried quick battle, always hangs (except that once)

I have a USB headset frpm Logitech, and a Lotigech mouse (Mx500) and when not using the USB headset(which has a built-in soundcard) im using the AC97 built into my MSI motherboard, then it crashes/hangs after 2 secs into the game (after starting/joining a game, single or multiplayer doesnt matter). With the USB headset i can play atleast 5 mins, then it hangs/reboots automaticly... I have clocked the CPU a little bit (maybe 1%) and the Gf4ti4400 is clocked like 4% or something, so that shouldnt be the problem, i can play any other game, these problems are ONLY in Rise of Nations...

Comment

Nvidia GeForce 3 (driver: 4.4.0.3)
                    SoundBlaster Live! Value (driver: 5.1.2603.0)

Windows XP Professional
                    Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 1 Build 2600
                    AMD Athlon ~1324 Mhz
                    RAM 384 MB
                    Page File Space 1.40 GB
                    directX 9.0a

Unpatched, I have no problems. The game, films and saved games all run fine.

The patched version is a different story. When I load a saved game, I will see strange whited-out areas around the elevations. When I unpause the game and try to move around the map, the game will instantly crash to desktop.
                    "In Italy for 30 years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed. But they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love. They had 500 years of democracy and peace. And what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."
                    —Orson Welles as Harry Lime

Comment

Amd Athlon 2100, 512 mb ram, and Ati 9800 pro. Rise of nations runs for about 5-10 minutes and then locks up my computer. Tried everything I know to fix the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob508627
                        Amd Athlon 2100, 512 mb ram, and Ati 9800 pro. Rise of nations runs for about 5-10 minutes and then locks up my computer. Tried everything I know to fix the problem.

same problem as i got then... and we got the same CPU and same amount of memory :P but that cant be it? just a little question, what mouse do you all got? i got a USB mouse from logitech (mx500) and i also use a Headset from logitech (USB)... And its the same problem for me

Comment

I have a Microsoft usb wheel mouse.

Comment

My graphics are seruosly meessed up (even though i do have a 16 mb video card and al the other sys requirements). Villagers, generals and supply vagons never change thorugh the ages, and all of my villagers look exactly the same. The zooming scale is awfully unclear, i cant zoom in very well, to see anyhting. Worst of all all the units of the game are very small, unclear and 2 dimensional. I do not know whats happening please tell me how to fix it.

Comment

p4 1.7ghz / 768mb rdram / dell oem nvidia geforce 3 64mb agp card w/ nvidia detonator 44.08 driver set / winxpprosp1
                              rocksteady and smooth at 1024x768x32. have not tried mp, but that's because for now, i'm on dialup... and i hate lag, esp when i'm the one causing it.

athlonxp 1100 (1700+, but because of cooling reasons, lowered voltage) / 512mb sdram / ati radeon 8500le 64mb w/ ati catalyst 3.2 driver set / winxphomesp1
                              framerate drops when large number of units are on screen.

p3 (speed unknown) / 128mb ram / intel onboard 81210e graphics w/ intel driver set v6.3 / winme
                              kaboom. since i can't set graphics resolution higher than 24bit, and it doesn't work in 16bit at all...
                              still trying to get a workaround.
                              B♭3

Comment

windows xp home
                                pentium IV 2.8 GHz
                                512 Mb DDR RAM
                                ati radeon 9700 PRO with new catalyst drivers

not a single glitch in single player...
                                "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Working...
                                X