Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

List your graphic card & result for RON!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CPU Intel Intel Pentium P4 1.8 Ghz, 512KB cache
    Graphics Card PNY 128MB GEFORCE4 TI4600 DDR
    RAM Ingram PC800 ECC 128MB X 4 RDRAM (512 Total)
    OS Windows 2000 Professional

Runs like a drunken snail through a bowl of caramel. FPS is 30, if I'm lucky, at the lowest settings possible (I've tried almost EVERYTHING [see my post "Choppy FPS Issues"]). Averages about 20 throughout the game and about 4 during battles and if I have a population of over 150. This is all vs. 1 computer, mind you. The game hits 1 FPS if I have like 5 comps and then will crash.

But the game loads OK, albeit slowly, and I haven't had any issues with CTW or anything (besides FPS issues).

- PTM

Comment

Desktop:
      AMD1800+
      512 DRR
      Xelo Radeon 9100
      no problems @1200x1024x32

Laptop:
      Clereron 1200
      384 SD
      SIS630 @32mb sharded

1024x768x16...
      well no matter if settings are high or low, I get 5-8 fps., no matter if i see 10 or 100 units...*sigh*

Comment

Re: List your graphic card & result for RON!

Originally posted by Savant
        Athlon XP2000+ with WinXP and GeForce MX400

Sometimes loads a new game. Almost never loads a saved game. Can sometimes play for 3 hours straight. Often cannot get the scenario file to complete loading whether a new or saved game.
        I have identical specs and at least the demo runs perfectly fine... I can only hope the full game fares just as well
        Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Hey Locutus!

Long time. Nice to see you.
          'Blood will run'

Comment

Oh, hiya, Savant VERY long time indeed... I knew the name sounded familiar but only now I realize why (Pretty stupid of me, the signature is a dead giveaway )

So, with all those video problems, have you got the game running yet? It's nice to have a game with a decent AI for once, isn't it? Unfortunately I don't see a MedMod arriving anytime soon, but can we expect to see any nice maps or scenarios for this game from you?

Comment

Celeron 2.0 o/c to 2.2

Radeon 64mbDDR VIVO
              Core/Mem
              198/198 o/c to 270/245

No problems at all. 1024x768 runs 25-35 fps steady. (except on nuke)

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus
                Oh, hiya, Savant VERY long time indeed... I knew the name sounded familiar but only now I realize why (Pretty stupid of me, the signature is a dead giveaway )

So, with all those video problems, have you got the game running yet? It's nice to have a game with a decent AI for once, isn't it? Unfortunately I don't see a MedMod arriving anytime soon, but can we expect to see any nice maps or scenarios for this game from you?
                I have the game running spotty Locutus. I am not happy with the reliability of it yet and I have serious problems with saved games running (if at all). But I am going to Europe for a month and won't be able to work on this until I come back. I'll probably also start with buying and building a new system.

I do expect to work on some scenarios for this one though and certainly some maps! I spent a good deal of time after CTP2 on modding EU and then beta tested EU2 which was a hoot. Since then I been busy with consulting and haven't immersed myself in a game. But this one looks promising and sufficiently "strategic" to draw my attention! And you know it - the AI in this one is much improved over some of the crap we dealt with on CTP!

BTW you ever played EU or EU2? There are 2 new games that Paradox is intending to offer that look great too and that I would like to get involved in when they ask for beta folks. YOu would be a great help to the Paradox folks, BTW.
                'Blood will run'

Comment

I've tried some EU2 and loved the concept, but for some reason can't seem to get into it. No matter what I try, within a few years my empire always seems to collaps into a deep economic crisis. This usually leads to me being overrun by enemies as I can't build/maintain armies. Kind of takes the fun out of it...

I still have it installed on my HDD and occassionally try a game to see if I can get over this problem and start enjoying the game ('cause I know I will, once I get the hang of it), but so far no luck

Comment

i have an AMD atlhon xp 2100 with 512mb 333ddr and a GF4 ti4400 128mb
                    Sound Blaster live 5.1
                    SO: XP HOme
                    the game go in crash all the time (1minutes-10 minutes)
                    Please help meeeeee
                    Last edited by magni72; May 31, 2003, 05:43.

Comment

Update to my prior post, running 2.2 GHz P4 with 512 Meg, GeForce4 440 Go with 32 Meg Ram, was only getting 29 fps max, usually down to 15 during city views and abyssmal, like maybe 2 fps, during battles.

At the advice of BHG updated audio drivers (already updated video drivers), went into Rise2.ini set all grade options to "A," turned off VSync, set texture compression to "FULL," set resolution to 1240 x 768 x 16 and saw improvement!

Max fps now 58, dropping to 29 to 30 fps but holding rock steady there, with decline to 17 fps during heavy battles. Tried all the above before updating my audio driver, still had lower than desirable fps. Updating the audio driver actually worked.
                      i · b · a = 3 · i · e ^ μ

Comment

AMD Athlon 1200
                        512MB PC133 SDRAM
                        AOpen GeForce 4 Ti4200 128MB (clock speeds: 280/500)

Works great, 60 fps when just starting and about 30 fps when everything's packed and crowded.

Comment

ASUS P4B Motherboard
                          Intel Pentium 4 - 1.7Ghz
                          Creative Sound Blaster Audigy Gamer
                          ASUS GeForce FX 5600

Fluctuates between 15-25 fps when zoomed out, and 25-35 when zoomed in.

Goes to about 5-15 fps when crouded and packed.

No issues otherwise.

-Captain_Brian

Comment

Pentium II 400
                            Matrox Millenium G200 AGP 8 MB

won't start

Comment

Trial version went quite well in the beginning but more or less crap in late game with an athlon 1200, 384 megs o ram and a hercules 3d prophet 4500 or 4000. FPS not checked.

Comment

AMD Athlon 1800+
                                ASUS A7N266-C (NForce) mobo
                                GeForce4 Ti4600
                                512 MB RAM
                                All ???_grade_overrides set to 'A' in rise2.ini
                                70-75 fps
                                (Win98SE)

No crashes in Quick Battles over 3 days. Haven't tried CTW yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X