Hound-B-Gone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stormhound
    The NDA only applies to things not made public by QS/Infogrames. Once the game comes out, I'm no longer bound on the things in it. A review would be quite possible, and Dan Quick has already accepted my offer to do one.

Ok. Let's have the review. Dan will post it.

Comment

With any luck Stormhound has gone on to do something far more productive and personally rewarding than prepare dissections of MOO3 over a year after his departure.

..but it would be nice to read it if not
      Last edited by Grumbold; May 28, 2003, 06:15.
      To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
      H.Poincaré

Comment

SH still posts occasionally on OSMOO (which has also been graced by Tom Holsinger's presence of late).

Comment

Originally posted by GP
          2. What is the living under Rantz's thumb thing?
          Based on comments I've seen since (I managed to miss the firestorm on Delphi), Cory went a little overboard quieting down Delphi. I haven't seen the same behavior attributed to Rantz, it might have just been assignment of guilt by association on SH's part.

QS has had a couple of unfortunate public forum hiccups. Not only was there Cory's power trip on Delphi, but Irene Macabante made some impolitic comments on IGMOO. (not without provocation, but still ill-considered)

Comment

Originally posted by Stormhound
            My honest opinion is that I don't know how the game will end up, nor am I likely to know prior to it hitting the shelves. I've already seen enough stuff that I cannot discuss (because it isn't public) that I'm concerned.

If you want to stack that against the unqualified endorsement I gave the game early in development, or if you want to stack it against my recent departure from QS, you may do either (or both). I don't give a fig whether anyone believes me right now, because the truth will be self-evident when the game is released and you'll be able to weigh my words then.

Truth?
            Not often I reply to myself, but I think I was adequately expressive a year ago when I wrote it, and I've yet to find better words since. Or have the many comments I've seen about the game here deceived me?

We now return you to your scheduled thread, already in progress.
            If I'd known then what I know now, I'd never have done all the stuff that led me to what I know now...

Former member, MOO3 Road Kill...er, Crew

Comment

Wait, I don't understand? What in your (informed) opinion is worng with the game? And was that more the fault of the overambitious design or the redesign? Would you guys ever have finished off the project? How much more (than budgeted) would it have cost to continue the Emrich experiment?

Comment

Working...
              X