No announcement yet.

Hound-B-Gone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, I thought it was just temporary, and that he might return at any time.
    "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
    Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
    Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
    Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

As far as buying games is concerned, this is my strategy.

I rarely if ever buy games when they first come out. Civ3 was the first exception in a long time and I was clearly disappointed after the newness wore off.

I usually wait until the game has experienced the "price drop" that all games do and is in the bargan bin. This means that I can still buy many games and by that time know if they are good or not.

This also means that my PC does not need to be state of the art.

BTW, MOO3 is one of the games that I will consider buying new; however, I will wait until it has favorable reviews, both by the pros and the real critics on this forum!

RPM
      We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

>>> Stormhound on the other hand makes well-thought-out insights on whatever he happens to be talking about, and then spends the next 4 or 5 pages answering other questions by several posters. Not much similarity. <<<

Hmmmm....

'Hound does have his mortal moments though, Guys.

Right Stormhound?

jgc

Comment

Damn!

Moo3 was a game I was watching from the outside (ie, not posting much on these forums). Now my faith in this game is very low. It seems the big-wigs are deciding to cut things so that it can be out by this summer. IFP's being cut is inexcusable... I mean, it'd be like Civ3 deciding to cut strategic resources midway through development. Such an important part should NEVER be cut out like that.

Oh well... guess I can always wait for Morrowind.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
            Oh well... guess I can always wait for Morrowind.
            I've got high hopes for that one. Having the game be released simultaneously on the X-Box and PC helps to guarantee that it won't be a bugfest like Daggerfall was.
            <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

test

test

Comment

Stormhound - condolences and good luck.

We appreciate all the info you have given us and hope that when and if you can that you will continue to share with us the "insider perspective" on things.

Just wondering how far along was the development if the decision to cut IFP was still possible. I would guess that it would of been so integrated that there would be more work to remove than to fix/adjust/whatever at this point. Not being a programer I realy have no first hand knowledge of this, but WOW.

Even with all these "last minute" changes, I will probably still be one of the first to purchase as I am a fan of MoO 1 & 2.

Thanks again stormhound. See ya on the boards.
                If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

Re: Hound-B-Gone

Originally posted by Stormhound

That means that I'm no longer the "voice of QS" around here. While I may pop in from time to time, there's going to be less and less that I can really say that's meaningful with regard to how the game is progressing. Since I rarely like to speak without something useful or entertaining to say, that means I'll pretty much be shutting up. Ex-Assistant Designer of MOO3
                  Do not underestimate the entertainment involved in having our prurient interests satisfied by an insider. Or the real informational benefits from having an insider perspective.

(I used to watch Joe Theisman do Washington Redskins games. he could still read the signals and give insider info several years after leaving. He had to catch himself and dummy things down sometimes...because lots of people don't like that much insider insight...but I LOVE IT!!!)

Comment

Doesn't matter...IG had their man give me a call asking for me "to soft-key it" on Apolyton until the game came out, as a "personal favor" (or as an NDA'ed person, which was also mentioned). But he did say that I could say whatever I wanted to after the game came out...

Anyhow, if you don't see any comments from me regarding any future news on the game, you all now know exactly why that is.
                    If I'd known then what I know now, I'd never have done all the stuff that led me to what I know now...

Former member, MOO3 Road Kill...er, Crew

Comment

Doesn't matter...IG had their man give me a call asking for me "to soft-key it" on Apolyton until the game came out, as a "personal favor" (or as an NDA'ed person, which was also mentioned). But he did say that I could say whatever I wanted to after the game came out...

Anyhow, if you don't see any comments from me regarding any future news on the game, you all now know exactly why that is.
                      Oh I totally understand that, Stormhound. If you can't talk that is understood. Just don't imply that you don't have juicy gossip when we know you do!

Comment

But he did say that I could say whatever I wanted to after the game came out...

Another reason for me to be quite expecting about the release of the game!
                        "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
                        Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
                        Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
                        Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

But he did say that I could say whatever I wanted to after the game came out...
                          MOOOahahahahaaaa!
                          (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                          (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                          (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Thanks to those of you who've written (publicly or privately). I'm sure I'll hang around here, there just won't be much to say. At least I'm not prohibited from posting to boards, like Alan. (Another bit of now-public info, this from the Delphi board.) I won't go back to Delphi, though...I really don't care to live under Rantz and Cory's thumb, and right now they're doing damage control from yesterday.

[b]...[/]

And hey, MOO3 might turn out to be a good game. You can count on getting my honest opinion about it either way...
                            1. Ok, it is out. You promised your honest opinion. DISH!

2. What is the living under Rantz's thumb thing?

3. Don't you think they deserve credit for getting the thing out? How behind schedule did you/Emrich make the project? Wasn't there a problem with the designers not considering codability?

Comment

My honest opinion is that I don't know how the game will end up, nor am I likely to know prior to it hitting the shelves. I've already seen enough stuff that I cannot discuss (because it isn't public) that I'm concerned.

If you want to stack that against the unqualified endorsement I gave the game early in development, or if you want to stack it against my recent departure from QS, you may do either (or both). I don't give a fig whether anyone believes me right now, because the truth will be self-evident when the game is released and you'll be able to weigh my words then.

Truth?
                              Ok. Give me some scoop to wiegh your words...

Comment

ok...so dish now.

Comment

Working...
                                X