No announcement yet.

kali laegaue sign up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ill sign up if the teams are made fair like 1 vet/avrg/noob per team or something.

It also depends on how active everyone is if we use that way for getting pts.

I mean what’s the point if you have a good idea what races will dominate before the first games have even been played?

I want a president to make fair teams...

I think people should post their skill lvl and preferred race or people they want to be on the same team as and weather they are ok with being moved. And then someone(s) should make the teams.

Me I’m noob/avrg skill. Alkari. Yes move me.
    Peeps who’s team id like to be on siron, blackadder.
    Maybe reddog n jb want a Canadian team? Hours online need to be considered as well...

Peace.

Comment

ok i messed up posting my thread right.
      so i do it again.
      me and glimmer want to join trilarians.

B.adder= Blackadder

Comment

Yah Sign me up as Trilarian.

Peace.

Comment

Elerians, Mrrshan, Trilarians, Silicoids, Meklar, Human, Alkar, Bulrathii teams are full. 30 players.

Elerians: Step, Zealot, seppel
          Mrrshan: alex d, jb-bigkat, seb
          Silicoids: siron, Giant, MaxAlban
          Trilarians: Gusset, CyberSaber, BlackAdder
          Meklar: GrayLord, Jano, SuperChad
          Human: 1st&17th, Cabman, Whoha
          Alkari: PK, Titanius1, SkyBandit
          Bulrathi: Dmitry, vandal_RUS, shwabrer
          Klacton: xenocide
          Sakkra: Kutuzov
          No Race selected yet: Brutalisk, Zentraedi, Glimmer, Vovin
          Requests for 4th member in a race: Glimmer(Tril), SuperChad(Elarian)
          Possible migration from a Race:
          Migrated from a race: Glimmer(Tril)
          Migrated to a race: CyberSaber(Tril)

This is a sort of a log to try and keep requests for race join up to reflect Glimmers good suggestion in his post.
          A clip from Glimers post
          "I think people should post their skill lvl and preferred race or people they want to be on the same team as and weather they are ok with being moved."

Yet to be determined.
          When all te races fill or the we can start adding more player in full races, also there might be a little shifting of power players ariround to balance the teams.
          Last edited by StepNRazor; May 29, 2005, 14:40.

Comment

I want to join Silicoid - Maxalban

Comment

Guys, just let the people play with whoever they want to be with. It's part of the fun. So what if two or even three vets end up together. Besides a lot of the unknowns - I'm sure - are probably better than what some people might think. If they are not, they should better start training.

Since there are three in each team, the three in 'a team' can get together and discuss their strategy and maybe even play a training game or two.

While I recognize that ideally all the teams should be balanced, if some vets want to be together, let them. (as always, just my two cents)

Comment

While I recognize that ideally all the teams should be balanced, if some vets want to be together, let them. (as always, just my two cents)
                also there might be a little shifting of power players ariround to balance the teams.
                How to count "a Players Skill" ?!?!

Who can say who´s "vet" "avrg"

We´ll take Ladder rank or ELO Score ?!?!
                http://www.moo2.de.vu

Comment

I would be happy to play on any of the teams that need someone. I might even play an actual production race so I don't drag the team down :-)

Comment

The stronger players may not become immeadtly recognizable.
                    However after a few weeks of games I am certain some groups will emmerge much stronger than the average and other groups will be much lower. withing these groups individuals will probably emerge also that fir the thre general catagoriers strong, avegerage, weak.
                    The idea would then to determine if some of the members from the three groups strong, ave, weak would like to reform.
                    So that there would be an even distribution and a beter league.
                    Some groups may not wish to reform even if the are weak. Groups that are strong may not wish to reform either.
                    Things to thin about that may result in no migration of players. Strong groups may find that weak and some average groups do not wish to play against them and not show up for the games. Think of the NFL if a few teams got all the number one draft picks watching the games would be verry boreing. This does not sound like much fun, I belive we would all rather have fun playing than accumulatoing victory's by slaughtering cubs. So all you lions out there try to be faceing other lions, and ll you cubs learn from your lions.
                    As for me personaly I would prefer the Elerain race pic but would play fro any team to balance.
                    But like your question states how do we know. We can extrapelate from some past game perfomances I KNOW who most of the strong players are heeh. but we will have to play out some games to see who some of the diamonds in the rough are.
                    man o man that was long.

Comment

I want to join Bullrathi ..
                      Vandal

Comment

Thoughts From The Hospital

Well, I would like to throw my hat in the ring for the new League with Gusset in the Trilarians. We both love oddball races, and we will play spoilers to all you prod race guys.

~

I feel no need to continue my highly nominal role as League President, I am happy to formally resign effective today and let someone else take over. For the last three years I have felt that my only real duty was to recruit and train new players, and I am certainly not the only one doing that (PK has been terrific).

I do feel strongly that some leadership is necessary, if only to organize voting on disputed items and work the community to a concensus. This can be a single person or a small committee (as long as it is an odd number). Marius and I worked very well for years with my carrying the administration and communication load and his carrying the web execution load. No one will accept a dictator, so we need someone willing to treat his role as executor of a democracy.

One thing I would love to do is to organize a tournament...this has always taken a lot of time and energy and is just one small part of the leadership role for an active League.

I strongly believe that the existing Wait Rule works, has stood the acid test of time, is the simplest solution to a very knotty problem, and should be kept as is. It was voted for by 96% of the voting community when we put it in.

I do think that we might add one more rule and ban Annihilation until and unless LB can fix the "invulnerable outpost" bug.

I should be out of the hospital soon, and I look forward to seeing all of you guys online shortly.
                        - Cybersaber

Comment

Nice to have you back with us Cyber. You can tell us everything you did with the nurses as well.

Comment

Cyber
                            Well now that your done poping wheelies on wheelchairs and playing doctor with the nurses time to get back into the moo of things.
                            Hope your feeling better.

Ok got a little snag with the Tril race sign up, Glimmer and BlackAdder want to play on the same team and the beat you to the buzzer and joined up with Guss. doh!
                            Was shooting for 3 player per race to start to keep the teams from getting all lopsided seemed like a simple solution. Hopefully there will be some player migrations to balance the teams and maybee then you can get teamed with Guss dunno that bridge aint buitl yet we cross it then.

Ok organize away, tourney the tool time cyber
                            Speaking of time anyone have a good time period that fits? I tossed arround 2pm est today that would be 11am pst and 8pm germany time. and we all know germany time as alex pointed out at 8pm is beer time heeh.
                            Think we need to get some more player in here though before we get tourneys rolling. People are joining up prety quickly. I'm verry happy you and JB joined in I would also like to see Z, Gray, Sky, Druz, Nalla and all the regular cast and crew of moo. I icq'd Inver and a few others. I didn't have Hempy, or some of the old players Rom, Bork, Marius, MasterDave and many others.

So far we only have 16 members and not even sure which way they want to be governernd by either single or a group. I think a group would be better but I think thats a decesion the the members need to make how they want to be governed then by who. from there it is in the hands of the person or persons governiong to make decesions.
                            At this point I do not htink 16 members is enough to get to that stage yet as some of the members that may join in soon might not have different views and or candidates or votes n what not. Good lobbyist basically that what we need heeh!

Maybee a wait time out. If your battle has gone over 20 minutes no more waits for you, as the people waiting in moo chat have finished writing their third noivel on things to do while you wait on battles. Whats even worse if they might think the game has crashed and check, then it does crash and the waiting game renews this has to be fixed somehow. Some kind of shortening these battles needs to be in place.
                            Even the way I suggested, tonight me and Max sat in moo chat for well over 30 mins. I asked if they we useing wait, I was told on defensive fireing only.
                            Maybbe the solution is to have some optional setting for misssles. Missle cap like x number of hard points (total weapon slots) for missles like 20 or number of missle ships like only 2 or 3 missle ships cap even missle ban on ships except for monster and lone scouter types.
                            I'm not sure what the solution is, I do relize that it is a problem. The solution might be a certain combinations of settings or methods dunno. Any suggestions on this as to shorten batle time would be awsome!

Oh heck ya zero pop anhilate is soooo exploiting the game.

Comment

We could just use 5 of the races for now theirs not a tun of players. I don't mind 4 peeps or more per team and think it’s much better and more manageable/practical then 8 or more uneven races.

Especially allow 4 with cyber on my team! :P don’t turn the guys request down anyway ill move out of trill if others think three should be max.

Welcome back, good to hear from you Cyber!

Vandal's request for bullrathi would be the 4th for them as well.

With no pres or Gov. nowons in charge so everything’s still debatable including race member limits but not much gets decided..

An idea might be to log the amount of points each player has accumulated for that race and if they mutate, defect, switch or are reallocated then they take their points with them?

Anyway the teams already look lopsided to me but Iv not been back very long and only played half the players. If you get points every game how active a player is, is almost as important as their skill level.

That time slot is great for me.

Another idea is race captains or reps. The 5+ most active players that are also pro at the game pic their teams from everyone that signs up. That way we would prob end up with 2 active vets per team and then they would have 2+ people under them to train or help. The captains would also be the counsel for voting on league rules and such. And rearranging teams.

Peace.

Comment

I like the race captains idea. for that to work there are a few players that would make great captains but have not signed up yet. From memebers that have signred up I see 4 or 5 that could fill that role of captains, there are atleast three or four more out there that could fit the captain role I hope they sign on soon.

Bularti have two members Dmity, vandal_RUS.
                                Brutalisk, Zentraedi are not assigned to any race.
                                Zentraedi stated put me in anywhere, Brutalisk is undecided.
                                Last edited by StepNRazor; May 13, 2005, 14:26.

Comment

Working...
                                X