No announcement yet.

Console Wars IV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, my copy of MGS4 should be here today. I'll post some impressions later. As Spikey insinuated, it would have to be pretty awesome to rival Bioshock.
    Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Verto

I'm optimistic that Treyarch will see how high Infinity Ward set the bar with CoD4 and work hard to match or surpass it. From wiki:
      Nah, the bar was set really high with CoD2 as well and that didn't stop them releasing a garbage third installment.

Comment

My SO brought home a DualShock 3 and MGS4 today.

Leave it to Sony to charge us $599 for the PS3 we bought, then a year later release a controller with a feature that should've been there at launch and charge a $50 premium for it...
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Your SO buys the Wii games. Your SO plays Mario Party. Your SO buys MGS4.

I'm beginning to think you 'SO' is just you doing all the things you don't want to admit to.

Comment

MGS4 is all it's cracked up to be. My hand is now a claw after hours and hours of play.

The whining about the cutscenes seems misplaced, although I could see how someone who'd played only the first 15 minutes of the game would think so. There's a lot of cutscenes at the start when the credits run, but it's not too bad after that. Top notch graphics, sound and gameplay. It's at least as good as GTA IV.

Along with his smokes, Snake has an iPod Classic. All the good guys seem to have Macs as well. I guess the writers are Macheads.

It's politically incorrect, like GTA IV, but in a somewhat wittier fashion.
            Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
              Your SO buys the Wii games. Your SO plays Mario Party. Your SO buys MGS4.

I'm beginning to think you 'SO' is just you doing all the things you don't want to admit to.
              My SO grew up with Playstations and the franchises (JRPGs, MGS, etc). We've got quite different tastes in most games. He hates Halo, racing games, etc and he plays **** games like the JRPGs on Xbox instead.

I can only imagine this concept is foreign to you since you're foreign to the entire concept of an SO.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon

Along with his smokes, Snake has an iPod Classic. All the good guys seem to have Macs as well. I guess the writers are Macheads.
                It's funny you assume this when, in reality, Apple paid Konami for product placement and most reviews actually thought they felt out of place...

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Snuggles

My SO grew up with Playstations and the franchises (JRPGs, MGS, etc). We've got quite different tastes in most games. He hates Halo, racing games, etc and he plays **** games like the JRPGs on Xbox instead.

I can only imagine this concept is foreign to you since you're foreign to the entire concept of an SO.
                  Making unfounded assumptions again.

I knew the snuggliness couldn't last long.

Comment

I need to compensate for that one day.

Comment

Better change your name back then.

Comment

I will on Friday.

I am enjoying the contrast for now.

Comment

Nintendo has announced there will be more games for core gamers in the future, and that much will be revealed during E3. Now I'm just curious what "core gamers" mean in their language.
                          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                          I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                          Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai
                            Nintendo has announced there will be more games for core gamers in the future, and that much will be revealed during E3. Now I'm just curious what "core gamers" mean in their language.
                            It means they're going to milk old franchises again like Kid Icarus and hope none of their "core gamers" mind that they're using a frustrating controller on very limited hardware.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Snuggles
                              I will on Friday.

I am enjoying the contrast for now.
                              Woot, that means I win the pool!

Err, no, nevermind, nothing to see here...

<Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Did Ming have you guys have a pool?

I told him exactly when I'd change the name back when he did it...

Comment

Working...
                                X