No announcement yet.

Console Wars IV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

some say the most technically accomplished game ever released on a console.

Those people would be idiots. While I'm sure the production values are top notch, the technical implementation is not. It is yet another sub-720p game with lots of technical issues as identified by people on B3D.

Metal Gear Solid 4 has garnered a slew of perfect 10s.

It's GameRankings score is 92.8%. How is that possible with perfect 10s?
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Maybe with some lower scores alongside the 10s?

Comment

I'd think so too. You brits are so smart these days. Not like the old days, no sir!
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Easy maths.
          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
          I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
          Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

No need to insult DrSpike!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Snuggles
              I'd think so too.
              Since you agree it is quite evidently possible your original question would appear superfluous.

It's GameRankings score is 92.8%. How is that possible with perfect 10s?

Comment

/me gives DrSpike a friendly hug.
                Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike

Since you agree it is quite evidently possible your original question would appear superfluous.
                  Perhaps some day when I am feeling generous I will introduce the concept of a rhetorical question to our uneducated British comrades.

Comment

Someday when I am feeling generous I will teach you to use rhetoric as a device effectively. I believe that all that hyperbole has made you a one-trick teddy bear.

Comment

It was quite effective. It took you a few posts to work it out, but who am I to judge your intellect.

Comment

Originally posted by Verto
                        The 360 still has some bullets left, not all firsty party of course. CoD5, Assassin's Creed 2, for instance. And, god willing, we'll see a new Crimson Skies released on the 360.
                        CoD5 is being made by the people who did CoD3, so don't expect it to match 4's awesomeness.

Assassin's Creed didn't really excite me that much.

Crimson Skies was a great game. I'm looking forward to a sequel.
                        John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

who am I to judge your intellect.
                          Indeed.

Comment

Rumours are circulating of the 20GB SKU being replaced with a 60GB SKU, with a $30 cut off Arcade and $50 off Pro/Elite.

Comment

Rumours are circulating of the 20GB SKU being replaced with a 60GB SKU, with a $30 cut off Arcade and $50 off Pro/Elite.
                              that should help
                              "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by Felch

CoD5 is being made by the people who did CoD3, so don't expect it to match 4's awesomeness.

Assassin's Creed didn't really excite me that much.

Crimson Skies was a great game. I'm looking forward to a sequel.
                                I'm optimistic that Treyarch will see how high Infinity Ward set the bar with CoD4 and work hard to match or surpass it. From wiki:

World at War will have a two-year development cycle, double that of Treyarch's previous title, Call of Duty 3.[4] The game will be powered by an enhanced version of Infinity Ward's Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare engine - improvements have been made to the physics engine and lighting model. Environments are now more destructible and can be set on fire with the flamethrower (which features propagating fire). Bullets can also cut holes in thin wood, making a gap big enough for the player to climb through.[4]
                                A full-sized replica PBY Catalina was constructed for motion capture use.[4]

Also, from here,

To help simulate the Japanese's different style of warfare, Treyarch has completely re-tinkered the enemy AI in World at War. Instead of taking cover and flanking in traditional European battle strategies, the Japanese hide in trees, sneak through the overgrowth and scrabble, katana in hand in violent suicide attacks.

"We figured out early that the Imperial Japanese fought in a different way that was full of suspense," creative lead Rich Farrelly tells OXM. "From that point we started to skew the game in that direction."

Excitingly, for the first time in Call of Duty's campaign 4-player co-op is supported over Xbox Live - and it supports meta game perks as in CoD4's excellent online mode.

While I think CoD5 should not have reverted back to WW2, I think it'll still shape up to be a much better game compared to CoD3.

Comment

Working...
                                X