Console Wars IV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Asher

I don't like people being nice to me when it's a false, "Christian" style of nice. You're a prime example. I find your "niceness" to be incredibly annoying to the point of being artificial and naive. Maybe I can see through the bull**** that you can't, or maybe you enjoy putting up a front, but I don't.

Actually lots of non-Christians are polite. Its different from christian expressions of love - its simply a determination to speak as if one had a certain respect for the other individual - and yes, in a social situation it isnt so much motivated by real respect for the other invididual but by respect for other participants in the conversation, and most of all, by respect for the hosts of the conversation.

Why someone who disrespects the host of a gathering, real or virtual, would choose to remain there is beyond me.
    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

• Originally posted by DrSpike
      Nikolai is growing teeth.
      More than teeth, he's found some insight.
      "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

• Originally posted by lord of the mark
        Actually lots of non-Christians are polite.
        Thanks for stating the obvious whilst missing my point completely.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Working...
        X