Console Wars IV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lord of the mark

Isnt Madden supposed to be the big summer time release for the 360? Hitting in July?
    Yeah, I had to redo my post and left off a couple other games, too, such as Too Human (whose messy development makes it uncertain of success), Infinite Undiscovery, Left 4 Dead, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by lord of the mark

re Wii releases - In a week or so we get Rock Band for the Wii, dont we? Given that GH3 has done reasonably well on the Wii, it will be interesting to see how RB does.
      Hopefully it will fail miserably. I say this not out of spite, but because it is such a crippled version of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
        Snuggles is quite quiet it seems.
        Snuggles was busy having a cuddle party! Snuggles is back though, and ready to pop a cap in your ass for not cuddling.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Verto

Hopefully it will fail miserably. I say this not out of spite, but because it is such a crippled version of the game.
          The Wii is the console for cripples
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Snuggles

Snuggles was busy having a cuddle party! Snuggles is back though, and ready to pop a cap in your ass for not cuddling.
            That's not very snugglesome.

You should snuggle the PS3 and 360 anyway - they need it more.

Comment

We are in dire need of a DrSnuggles!

Comment

This is true. However, Asher's head is big enough already.

Comment

Reliable, yes. Most of those games will sell moderately well, but nowhere near a SSBB level, with the exception of the next Zelda game. The only other ones that might come close would be Star Fox or F-Zero (helped by the Wii steering wheel).
                  Actually, of the ones I mentioned, Animal Crossing will surely be the largest seller, and likely the only established N franchise left to hit the 5m mark.

The 360 has a few guaranteed blockbuster titles that will dominate the charts: Gears of War 2, Fable 2, along with the latest releases in reliable franchises, Soul Caliber IV, NCAA Football '09. More importantly, we've got some new titles like Alone in the Dark, Alan Wake and (new to 360) Banjo Kazooie.
                  Ok?

I would imagine. I don't think we'll see another game released on the Wii that will meet SSBB-level sales, though, not for a while anyway.
                  Well, the only first party games yet to launch that will have sales similar to SSBB are Gears 2, Halo Wars?, and Gran Turismo 5, so that's not really a valid criticism of the wii alone. The first party big bullets have all been fired.

Wii Fit is an interesting game. This isn't the first Wii title released that was aimed at a 'nontraditional' gamer, but it's the only one with sales worth talking about. We'll see how long these numbers continue, of course, but for now, nearly 700,000 sales is pretty impressive given the target audience. Next month the sales will probably have dropped off significantly, but you never know.
                  Eh, several waggle fests have been strong sellers-Carnival Games, Mario/Sonic olympics, and now Game Party has been in the top 20 for a little while.

Wii fit is severely supply constrained, similar to the wii itself. Its numbers for the next several months will only go down if the supply is bad-. World wide its a beast, having outsold the ps3 itself in Japan and huge numbers in Europe. No, its not going away.

Comment

The Wii is the console for cripples
                    Quite possibly

CNET is the world's leader in tech product reviews, news, prices, videos, forums, how-tos and more.

Its good to know Mr Snuggles is concerned about how games can help the disabled. Its so snuggly.
                    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

That is exactly the article I was referring to. I'm so proud of you LOTM!

Comment

That is exactly the article I was referring to. I'm so proud of you LOTM!
                        Of course I knew you were referring to that, as you are so concerned with the rights of the physically and mentally challenged. As friendly info though, they don't like being referred to as "cripples" and even the terms "disabled" and "handicapped" are somewhat controversial. But I know you just used the term "cripples" cause you didn't know that, and you meant no disrespect.
                        "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

You are the one that keeps saying cripples. Show some respect.

Comment

Now now, snuggle up and play nice.

Comment

Being respectful is the first step to playing nice! And I don't snuggle with non-nice people!

Comment

You are the one that keeps saying cripples. Show some respect.
                                But not in reference to physically and mentally disabled people, only in order to describe someone else's discourse using that word, which is why it is in quotes. Surely a brilliant computer scientist can follow that logical distinction?

Comment

Working...
                                X