X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Asher
    LOTM, every system has **** titles.

The point was, rather obviously, there are more **** games on Wii than other consoles. Look also at the average scores.
    360 clearly has more games with exceptionally high metacritic scores than the Wii, whose scores tend to crowd below 75. Very good for the 360. I thought "shovelware" though, meant the really low scores, which arent that much more numerous on Wii, though that may be biased by the somewhat larger number share of games without scores (though these are also numerous on all systems, I think. Anyway, if the issue is not the overall strength of the system, but the real danger of a meltdown due to low quality games, clearly it would behoove the 360 team to watch the offerings on their own system.
    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf
      Civ rev is a good example of how consoles just cannot figure out how to make intelligent strategy games
      I played it today for 30 mins just to see. I was not impressed.

PC for the win.

Comment

Originally posted by lord of the mark
        360 clearly has more games with exceptionally high metacritic scores than the Wii, whose scores tend to crowd below 75. Very good for the 360. I thought "shovelware" though, meant the really low scores, which arent that much more numerous on Wi
        The Wii's average score is far lower than PS3/360. I don't care how you spin this any more, but don't pretend it'll work on anyone here.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

havent we moved pretty far afield from the topic of the thread? The average metacritic score of Wii games may well be below that of 360 games, I don't think that will endanger consoles general market position vis a vis PC thoughs.
          "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by Asher

The Wii's average score is far lower than PS3/360. I don't care how you spin this any more, but don't pretend it'll work on anyone here.
            I didnt deny that, see above, "Very good for the 360. "

Comment

to follow up to kuci

and to keep THAT thread on topic.

So youre saying it will be harder/costlier for developers to make the marginal increases in graphics that are still possible. On consoles at least they can do that on a closed platform. So its more likely graphically intensive games will be made for the consoles while there will be more PC games with lesser graphics available for the mass installed base of IG. Is that a fair charecterization of your position?

Comment

To answer Asher's question ( http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...94#post5315994 ):

Which platform is the next Civilization game coming out on?
                The answer is...
                The PC!
                Just check it:
                Clash of Civilization team member
                (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
                web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

You lie, you linked to an expansion pack?
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Where does that suggest it is an expansion pack?
                    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

The "Civilization IV" part.

If it is not priced and sold as an expansion pack, then whoever buys it needs to get on a train right off a cliff.

Comment

did they price the original colonization as an expansion pack?

Comment

No, the original was a standalone.
                          be free

Comment

It's not an expansion pack, it's standalone if you read the links: From take 2:
                            * Colonization does not require the original Civilization IV product in order to be played.
                            It's based on the Civ IV engine, and they put Civ IV in the title just to sell more.
                            Sorry if that shatters your argument.
                            Clash of Civilization team member
                            (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
                            web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

It's a Civ4 mod and they're charging full game price for it?

You're all fools if you buy it.

Comment

It's interesting, they are doing it with Revolution on the consoles too. Civ 4 is apparently all Firaxis is capable of milking.

Comment

Working...
                                X