Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't find any released data on Lich King's first week sales, however this articles states that

Lich King went on sale almost everywhere on Nov. 13 — North America, Europe, Chile, Argentina and Russia. A day later, the game launched in Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand. And then in South Korea and the regions of Taiwan, Hong Kong and Macau on Nov. 18.

... so I'd imagine with it being released in those areas its numbers likely went up a fair bit.

Comment

• Re: Honestly, smarten up

I wasn't referring back to your post - just making an observation. And I'm smart enough to successfully make a post with one attempt.

I'll expect some editing after the fact to take place now.

Comment

• So you were making an observation in reply to my post that had nothing to do with my post.

Why would I edit?

You're talking ****ing nonsense. Smarten up.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• I've already stated this elsewhere about Bioshock but the developers turned it into a true console game. I loved to play the game. The game design and the entire concept were fantastic, but there was just so little challenge in it. Short levels, respawning and weak monsters are a few of the most conspicuous points that ruined the 'challenge' for me.
          ...it challenged me at normal difficulty. Then again, I'm not a very good player and was reduced to killing big daddies with wrenches at one point due to lack of ammo. But I do wish it was longer.

I found its single player a lot more fun than a lot of games that don't allow players to respawn. I can't finish games unless I cheat. I simply don't have enough hours in a day to play through a level more than once. (Heavens, I never got off Myst's first Island despite dumping over 40 hours into the game.)

No point in taking a subtle approach when I can fubar the level with me guns blazi
          Depends how you want to roleplay. I played as I thought my character would react, not as I would react.

I was very satisfied by the game. One of may favorites.
          -->Visit CGN!
          -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

• "Best of 2008 - Pc games"

Good round up overall, nice links to other artilces in the series that give a whole better overall picture on PC gaming(rather than AAA multi-million selling titles). And the comments at the end of the article are worth a look too.

I never played Bio-shock(never putting that kind of DRM on my PC again reasons) but if it was a better game on PC than 360 then that is nice to know. I'm sure that is a subjective opinion mind you(just to stop Ashers head blowing off!!! ).

Comment

• Particularly interesting that the top 3 are cross platform with consoles.

Comment

• Originally posted by DrSpike

No, but that isn't the point. You keep posting PC charts as evidence of vibrancy,
                I'm not really, I'm mainly just to trying to promote some discussion. Why is it so terrible on a Civ board to have a discussion of PC gaming in general? Yes, total sales are important, but aren't readily available for PC month by month, AFAIK.

IIUC PCGA has noted the lack of data as one difficulty afflicting the PC space
                "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.†Martin Buber

Comment

• Originally posted by DrSpike
                  Particularly interesting that the top 3 are cross platform with consoles.
                  Many popular games are cross platform PC/console. Many more are cross platform 360/PS3. Some are even cross platform between the HD consoles and the Wii.

So what?
                  "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.†Martin Buber

Comment

• And i'd add not ALL cross platform games are better on console. Some PC ports from console are pretty bad mind you, mostly UI issues due to the gimped console structure.

Comment

• Originally posted by lord of the mark

I'm not really, I'm mainly just to trying to promote some discussion. Why is it so terrible on a Civ board to have a discussion of PC gaming in general?
                      I like discussion as you know. But I'm often not clear on what your point is when you post PC charts, as we've discussed the main issues to death already, so it's hard to know what to discuss.

If you are posting just for info, then say that. If you are making a new point, or providing a new angle on an old discussion, then say that. I'll keep Asher under control.

Comment

• A good article on the state of gaming for this year. Covers many things, console and PC games, challanges for the industry etc. I thought i'd put it here as part of it deals with the 'is PC gaming doomed' chesnut:

Comment

• Given the change in year, and the postcount, let's head this over to a 2009 edition if you want to continue the discussion
                          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Working...
                          X