Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm on vacation right now, less time to kill railing on stupidity. I gave up after the first sentence.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher
      The latest study I've found puts it much later:

This particular study also shows that maybe Nintendo hasn't actually captured the granny market like the media says...
      and it shows Wii to be doing pretty well with 20 and 30 somethings

canned response = thats all women, soccer moms, etc, etc.

OTOH it doesnt show ANY folks under 18, which is obviously not correct for all players, so that "owners/players" must be limiting it to adults somehow
      "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

• IIRC there's legal problems is trying to survey people under 18.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• The PS3 spike in the 45-54 market is mostly because of Bluray.

JM
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN
          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

IIRC there's legal problems is trying to survey people under 18.
            you could ask their parents, of course. There's all kinds of ways of getting survey data on the behavior of kids.
            "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

• UK top twenty the latest week, per neogaf

Posted here to note 3 PC games on the list, WtLK, Football Manager, and the PC version of COD:WAW

- 1 CALL OF DUTY: WORLD AT WAR XB360 ACTIVISION ACTIVISION BLIZZARD
              - 2 WORLD OF WARCRAFT: WRATH OF LICH KING PC BLIZZARD ACTIVISION BLIZZARD
              - 3 CALL OF DUTY: WORLD AT WAR PS3 ACTIVISION ACTIVISION BLIZZARD
              - 4 FOOTBALL MANAGER 2009 PC SEGA SEGA
              1 5 GEARS OF WAR 2 XB360 MICROSOFT MICROSOFT
              3 6 PROFESSOR LAYTON AND THE CURIOUS VILLAGE DS NINTENDO NINTENDO
              4 7 MARIO KART WII WII NINTENDO NINTENDO
              7 8 WII PLAY WII NINTENDO NINTENDO
              6 9 WII FIT WII NINTENDO NINTENDO
              9 10 DR KAWASHIMA'S BRAIN TRAINING DS NINTENDO NINTENDO
              - 11 WII MUSIC WII NINTENDO NINTENDO
              2 12 LITTLEBIGPLANET PS3 SONY COMPUTER ENT. SONY COMPUTER ENT.
              15 13 MARIO & SONIC AT THE OLYMPIC GAMES WII SEGA SEGA
              - 14 CALL OF DUTY: WORLD AT WAR PC ACTIVISION ACTIVISION BLIZZARD
              34 15 GUITAR HERO: WORLD TOUR XB360 REDOCTANE ACTIVISION BLIZZARD
              8 16 FIFA 09 XB360 EA SPORTS ELECTRONIC ARTS
              - 17 GUITAR HERO: WORLD TOUR WII REDOCTANE ACTIVISION BLIZZARD
              5 18 FALLOUT 3 XB360 BETHESDA SOFTWORKS BETHESDA SOFTWORKS
              27 19 BIG BRAIN ACADEMY DS NINTENDO NINTENDO
              - 20 LEGO INDIANA JONES: ORIGINAL ADVENTURES XB360 LUCASARTS LUCASARTS

Comment

• What country do you live in?

Comment

What country do you live in?
                  The USA. So what? Games are an international market.

From all I can gather WtLK did great in the US. Football Manager I would bet dollars to doughnuts didn't chart here (and not as Soccer Manager either). I'd be very curious to see how the PC version of CoD:WAW did in the US though.

Comment

• More spam

Doubt anyone - EB Games included - could have guessed the launch of the WoW expansion Wrath of the Lich King would be the retailer's biggest ever.

Comment

• Originally posted by Traianvs

Probably. iirc the game developers are Czech or Polish, eastern European anyway, so I reckon they sold pretty well out there.
                      looks like Asher may get a chance to say nice things about the Witcher

This developer diary says it's for The Witcher: Rise of the Wolf. Never heard of it? Neither have we. The diary, however, says it's the console adaptation of previously PC-only The Witcher.

Comment

• I've played the Witcher on my PC, which is worth more than every PC you've ever owned added together.

Comment

• Re: More spam

Originally posted by lord of the mark
                          http://kotaku.com/5100168/lich-king-...ng-launch-ever
                          LOTM does a terrific job identifying why the PC game market has no sales -- WoW stole them all.

Comment

I've played the Witcher on my PC, which is worth more than every PC you've ever owned added together.
                            I didn't say you'd get a chance to PLAY it.

Comment

• Re: Re: More spam

Originally posted by Asher

LOTM does a terrific job identifying why the PC game market has no sales -- WoW stole them all.
                              So in the UK COD WAW for PC was 14 on the chart.

What will it be on the US NPD for the month? Care to venture a guess, or are PC fans as difficult to predict as Wii fans?

Comment

which is worth more than every PC you've ever owned added together.
                                Probably, what does that have to do with anything?

Comment

Working...
                                X