No announcement yet.

Mass Effect PC: DRM'ed Alien Sex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The game has been cracked and illegally available now, so all that DRM effort has saved them about 36 hours.
    "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
    "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
    "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
    "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Its not like people who have purchased legal versions don't get to use the cracked ones.

Stardock
      DRM
      Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
      The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
      The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Mine still hasn't got here yet... darn that amazon!!

I can't wait to see if I can play the game or not ...
        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Not surprisingly, more graphics cards have been added to the list of not being compatible.

There is still no answer from the developers do the black screen hanging issue at startup (what I have). It effects a wide range of graphics cards, including incredibly new Geforce ones.

ATI X1300 XT or better (X1300, X1300 Pro, X1600 Pro, HD2400, and HD2600 are below minimum system requirements)
          "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
          "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
          "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
          "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

This is awesomely comical. It shows why the PC gaming industry is dying pretty clearly.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Until consoles can get a playable strategy game, you can continue laughing in your egg chair and pretend like it's the future all you want.

Comment

It shows why the PC gaming industry is dying pretty clearly.
                Maybe it's because they didn't develop the game for the PC in the first place...
                Clash of Civilization team member
                (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
                web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

It turns out they're pulling this silly crap again with the EU release coming a week after the North American release. You can't even buy the game online (!) unless you use a US/Canadian proxy.
                  Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                  I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Originally posted by LDiCesare

Maybe it's because they didn't develop the game for the PC in the first place...
                    Logic dosen't befit Asher.

In any case only an idiot would buy the thing straight away. I always wait untill the first patch.
                    Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
                    The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
                    The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
                      It turns out they're pulling this silly crap again with the EU release coming a week after the North American release. You can't even buy the game online (!) unless you use a US/Canadian proxy.
                      Why do companies do that? There is no good reason.

Comment

Probably to encourage European customers to pirate the game and to make them dislike the company that treats them like second-class consumers

Comment

Sounds like you know what to do.

Comment

I do: who wants to buy me the game?

Comment

Mr Internet does.

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
                                Probably to encourage European customers to pirate the game and to make them dislike the company that treats them like second-class consumers
                                QFT

Comment

Working...
                                X