No announcement yet.

Guitar Hero 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
      Can you elaborate on that, please?

I've played GH3 on my 360 and on a Wii (on TVs of comparable size and resolution - 42" 1080p and ~50" ??). The really poor resolution of the Wii makes the picture look horrible (especially in 2-player) and makes it harder to make out the precise position of the notes, and makes it harder to distinguish between regular notes and hammer-ons.

I don't know what a "hammer on" is, but I fail to see, based on my playing GHII, how high def would make the game any easier to hit or miss anything, and frankly, the Target special for the PS2 GHIII that comes with 2 guitars is looking like quite a deal for a Xmas preasant.

The hammer-ons are those notes without the black circles around the white circle (just a bigger white circle). You don't have to strum to hit them, you just have to hit a previous note and then be holding down the right fret button. They barely ever show up on Medium in GH2, which is probably why you've never seen them (there are tons of them on Hard and Expert, which is why those songs are even possible). They've added a lot on Medium in GH3. Anyway, they're harder to do because they're harder to distinguish in SD.

Comment

The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher

That's not GH3, sounds like Rock Band.
          Yeah, sorry, I forgot to quote this first:

Originally posted by Wiglaf
          Are you people kidding? Of course music talent is important to be good at guitar hero. It's not really worth backing up that assertion, I think that the fact that it's a rhythm game suffices.

I feel as if I have walked into a taping of some comedy program where everyone is acting silly because it's their job. What is going on here?

Has anyone not played Karaoke revolution? It seems they are putting the "technology" (which was not really accurate) of scoring vocals into the new Rock band game.

OH ROCK BAND LOOKS SO BAD AND SO EXPENSIVE, if anyone buys that I fear next gen games will end up costing $69.95 instead of $59.95 and vice versa etc.

I thought the drums were cool, but wondered how the mic will work, probably going to be a blast to just do it with my buds.

It was very much like playing an instrument though, once you are in rhythm it is easy to stay in rhythm, once you missed, hard to get back on track....and it will take a while to get used to where the drums are in space, since you look at the screen, not at the drums.

This will make me get the 360, but waiting for the newer improved process so I don't have to deal with the 3 rings of death.
          We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

The newer improved process is already out.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

I see the shameless profiteering from DLC has started surprisingly early.

Comment

The newer improved process is already out.
                Yeah, but I have to put something on the xmas list. I need to make sure they can tell the difference.
                We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

Just ask the salesperson - will this Xbox fry itself within 6 months. If they say no then it must be the new type.

Comment

The awesome electric guitar mix of the Halo theme will be a free download for GH3 tomorrow: http://www.firingsquad.com/news/news...searchid=18417

360 only

Comment

They should add the song from the Halo 2 Arbiter level when you first get the Banshe (flying in the gas giant) - it would be harder than Through the Fire and Flames.

Comment

The awesome electric guitar mix of the Halo theme will be a free download for GH3 tomorrow: http://www.firingsquad.com/news/news...searchid=18417

360 only
                        Cool - I really like the theme.

Comment

my dad just bought this game for me for christmas

Comment

It is my understanding that there are a lot of old rebadged Xbox 360's that they shoved two bonus games into and rebadeged them as holiday specials, but they are on the old process still.

Regardless, I'll have my wife pick on up for me at wally world (aka Walmart).

Also maybe getting ahead of myself on the rockband thing. Not even available at amazon, but my local walmart had 8 today sitting on a pallet....wonder if they will still be there on Sat.

Best buy had none when I looked on Sunday.

Comment

It's my understanding that every 360 bundled with Forza 2 + Marvel is the new Falcon model.

Comment

Originally posted by b etor
                                my dad just bought this game for me for christmas
                                how do you know that? it's not even December yet and he's telling you what he bought you? Did you peek in the christmas gifts? I think you've been a naughty girl.

hmm that sounds bad doesn't it. Modern usage has really made the word naughty seem... err well naughty. I don't mean it in that context. I don't need FBI agents raiding my pad. thx.

Comment

Working...
                                X