• Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone can enjoy it drunk.

Comment

Originally posted by b etor
      anyone can enjoy it drunk.
      But only some of us can legally enjoy it drunk
      "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

i can enjoy it without being drunk. the 'anyone' would apply to some of my friends, who are legal.

Comment

games alright. its one of those game you find urself having fun playing cause everyone around you is having fun. even if u dont think u'll enjoy it, u will pretty much.

defintely agree on not taking any musical talent. its a video game. all these game dont require talent in what its trying to emulate. you don't need tennis skill to play wii tennis. you should check out some people that play DDR and how terrible they would be if that was called dancing.....
          :-p

Comment

QFT. i suck at dancing, but pwn at DDR.

Comment

I though it looked pretty cool, they had it set up in best buy on Fri and I tried the drums, while one of my buds was on guitar.
              We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Zero
                games alright. its one of those game you find urself having fun playing cause everyone around you is having fun. even if u dont think u'll enjoy it, u will pretty much.

defintely agree on not taking any musical talent. its a video game. all these game dont require talent in what its trying to emulate. you don't need tennis skill to play wii tennis. you should check out some people that play DDR and how terrible they would be if that was called dancing.....
                Conan O Brian beat Serena Williams at Wii tennis

Comment

On a side note; The New Southpark episode is called:

1113 Guitar Queer-o
                  bleh

Comment

Originally posted by Spaced Cowboy
                    I though it looked pretty cool, they had it set up in best buy on Fri and I tried the drums, while one of my buds was on guitar.
                    That's not GH3, sounds like Rock Band.
                    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                      This is also a game where HD helps tremendously, especially in 2-player - not only does the game looks like ass in SD on a large TV, but it's a lot harder to make out the hammer-ons.
                      Can you elaborate on that, please?

My experience with Guitar hero is that we made my son save up and buy it with his own money. (GH II) He finally got enough to get it about a month ago or so.

Of course, he also wants I and III.

Now, I could count the times I've played it on one hand, but haven't had any problems on "medium" difficulty aside from it hurting my hand if I try to play more than 2 songs in a row.

But, we don't have a big TV, and I generally think the game is not all that graphically impressive no matter what definition you apply to it. It's not about graphics.

I don't know what a "hammer on" is, but I fail to see, based on my playing GHII, how high def would make the game any easier to hit or miss anything, and frankly, the Target special for the PS2 GHIII that comes with 2 guitars is looking like quite a deal for a Xmas preasant.

On a side note to the whole musical 'talent' thing. I do find it easier the better I know the songs. But I find it difficult as well, as I find myself trying to hit every note in the song rather than just the ones you're "supposed" to. I might actually have an easier time on harder levels, come to think of it.
                      One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
                      You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                        It's out, that's why I made the thread (I had just purchased it and played it for the previous several hours).
                        Yeah, but it's not on Asher's profile so I can only assume he was exaggerating again.

Comment

We've got 360s here at the office, DrSpike (we're a MS consulting shop).

We play with the offices in Boston and New York. GH2 was popular, GH3 was here the day it came out...2 360s + HDTVs, with 2 guitars each. Though 2 guitars are GH2.
                          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Ok, good save.

Comment

I just looked at your profile. MAN YOU SUCK AT BIOSHOCK.

Comment

No I play it at work on my work account. I've got 16,000 achievement points for Bioshock there.

Comment

Working...
                                X