Console Wars II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wiglaf
    Or get a blu ray player and game console for only $400. it's close since the halo 3 deal requires a $50 live signup too..
    And Circuit city is giving away blu ray movies with it.
    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

• You get free movies with HD DVD and bluray, that's nothing special to Circuit City nor is it special to Bluray...

The 360 HD DVD addon is $169 and comes with King Kong HD DVD + 5 free HD DVD movies (that you choose).
      Last edited by Asher; November 17, 2007, 16:45.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Originally posted by Wiglaf
        Or get a blu ray player and game console for only $400. it's close since the halo 3 deal requires a $50 live signup too..

DanQ
        What good is a game console with no games, what good is a Bluray player without an HDMI cable?
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher

What good is a game console with no games, what good is a Bluray player without an HDMI cable?
          Damn, hes getting poetic on us.
          "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

• More NPD stats:

* For the month of October, Xbox 360 led in total revenue with $354 million compared to $246 million for Wii and $116 million for PS3.
            * Xbox 360 software revenue at retail surpassed that of Wii and PS3 combined.
            * Xbox 360 was home to seven out of the top 10 rated games through the end of October according to Metacritic.
            * Of all 3rd party U.S. software revenue in October, Xbox 360 generated more than double that of the PS3 and Wii. Xbox 360 weighs in at 57 percent with $130 million, compared to Wii with 28 percent and PS3 at 15 percent.
            * In last week's earnings announcement from Electronic Arts, Xbox 360 represented 50 percent ($218 million) of their total revenue during the third quarter. In fact, EA titles on Xbox 360 outperformed those same titles on PlayStation 3, PlayStation 2, PSP, Wii and DS combined.

Comment

More NPD stats:

* For the month of October, Xbox 360 led in total revenue with $354 million compared to $246 million for Wii and $116 million for PS3.
              Is that including software?

Comment

• Consult your dictionary for the definition of "total".

Comment

Consult your dictionary for the definition of "total".
                  well, then, thats an outstanding month for the Wii. Only beaten by the 360 by 7 to 5 or so, despite the 360 retailing for much more, and the Wii's alleged collection of dust. And right after Halo3 came out.

Comment

• Originally posted by lord of the mark
                    well, then, thats an outstanding month for the Wii. Only beaten by the 360 by 7 to 5 or so, despite the 360 retailing for much more
                    Yes, its revenues are only over 100 million less. Outstanding for a console that is apparently something everyone wants and no issues at all in software sales.

It's also interesting that you factor in price of units when discussing revenues, but never in how it affects units sold.

Comment

Buy an Xbox 360 before Dec 21st, get Halo 3 for free: http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/835/835896p1.html

That's pretty amazing. Marvel Ultimate Alliance + Forza 2 + Halo 3, all full games, with the purchase of an Xbox 360...
                      Surely that depends on what you think of Halo3? or any of the next-gen line up?

And I liked your almost Haiku like post - so dont mind LotM, infact you should post more like that, it will be good for you

Comment

• Surely that depends on what you think of Halo3? or any of the next-gen line up?

Not really, since it's about monetary value. Can always ebay it.

Anyway, Sony's up to a lot of innovative work as usual. Their new flagship game, "Uncharted", offers a "Medal" system...basically by achieving...er...performing certain tasks to certain levels, you gain "medal points", out of a maximum of 1,000 in Uncharted.

Comment

• That's the first time I've heard anyone call that system innovative. Even while being blatantly sarcastic.

It's just ye ole standard cheat/special unlock system I would expect from Naughty Dog.
                          One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
                          You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Yes, its revenues are only over 100 million less. Outstanding for a console that is apparently something everyone wants and no issues at all in software sales.
                            Is there anyone who said that the Wii doesnt have "issues" with software sales?

Nice strawman.

Comment

• Originally posted by lord of the mark

Is there anyone who said that the Wii doesnt have "issues" with software sales?

Nice strawman.
                              Are you being funny by constructing a strawman in saying what I said was a strawman? I didn't attribute anything in that comment to you whatsoever.

If it was an attempt to be funny, it was not.
                              If it was an attempt to be serious, it was a joke.

Comment

• European 360 owners and their friend can each get 10 free XBLA games, if the friend buys a 360.

Comment

Working...
                                X