No announcement yet.

SimCity... the end is near

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

According to what's out today, shot 1 is quite real, and this game isn't really meant as SimCity 5. It's basically a franchise game with the SimCity label just slapped on to whatever it is these chumps are making.
    I make movies. Come check 'em out.

Comment

Originally posted by bipolarbear
      I wish they'd do something Spore-ish and combine this with The Sims, so you can cycle between the micro and macro.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
        You're trying to give DrSpike a heart attack, right?
        Fortunately high alcohol levels have insulated me. But my concern is I read this thread in the morning sobre - there's no telling what might happen.

Comment

Originally posted by ZargonX
          According to what's out today, shot 1 is quite real, and this game isn't really meant as SimCity 5. It's basically a franchise game with the SimCity label just slapped on to whatever it is these chumps are making.
          Sort of like CivCity:Rome. lame brand marketing.

Comment

Originally posted by Adagio

most see it as it's going the wrong way it if becomes less realistic

Wrong.

Also, I think it's funny that the five or so people in this thread think they know better than not just all other SimCity fans in the world but also than the marketing department.
            Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

WTF are you on?

Comment

I was looking on Maxis Official website's and fan forum, and I found this.

Man, look how real is it! Is so real that I feel the dirt in my eyes...

So Awwsome!
                Attached Files
                Last edited by CrONoS; June 8, 2007, 01:19.
                bleh

Comment

Another screenshot, according to maxis this screenshot is a close up of the city view, that's why it's so pixelated.
                  Attached Files
                  bleh

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by bipolarbear
                      I wish they'd do something Spore-ish and combine this with The Sims, so you can cycle between the micro and macro.
                      Actually, to some extent, that may be what they are doing.

If you took SimCity, a building/simuulation game, and married it to The Sims, a social/relationship game, increased the level of abstraction of both, you just might end up with a game very similar to Sim City:Societies.

Naysay all you like, but if done right this could be a really good game, maybe even a groundbreaker. Only time will tell, there is certainly too little information out now to make any kind of judgement not based primarily on prejudice.

John-SJ

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. President
                        Also, I think it's funny that the five or so people in this thread think they know better than not just all other SimCity fans in the world but also than the marketing department.
                        Those of us that have been playing since the very first Sim City (and I'm talking before Sim City Classic, that came after), yes we do know better than the people that weren't even born yet when that came out and the "marketing department."

Maxis is dead, former members of that company don't appear to be involved in this latest installment of the series, Titled Mills has some MIGHTY big shoes to fill or else this project is DOA...
                        The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Originally posted by John-SJ
                          If you took SimCity, a building/simuulation game, and married it to The Sims, a social/relationship game, increased the level of abstraction of both, you just might end up with a game very similar to Sim City:Societies.
                          Maxis was working on a game like that called Simsville, where they tried to mix SimCity and The Sims. It was set to be released in 2001, but was canceled in 2000. Based on screenshots and gameplay videos, Simsville looked to be great game. The game was canceled because they were too busy with The Sims Online, or at least that's what most Simsville fans believe in
                          And the graphics in Simsville looks better than the screenshot we have of this new SimCity game. My first thought when I saw the screenshot to SimCity Societies was that someone had dug out some old beta screenshot for SimCity 3000 (~5 years ago it was revealed that SimCity 3000 was meant to be in 3D, luckily Maxis persuaded EA to give up their plans)
                          This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

There are 5 more images available:

But they don't change my opinion much. This is the best of them:

SimCity 4 looks better IMHO
                            This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Agreed.

Comment

UGLY.

Comment

Working...
                                X