No announcement yet.

SimCity... the end is near

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And I see some buildings on 45 degree angles on the second shot, too. This new shot gets my hopes up a little... but I'm still waiting for some more solid information.

Comment

SimCity has always been the history of Maxis... but it doesn't seem like it stays this way, as apparently it's Tilted Mill who's making this game (a game company who has IMHO never created a game, that even comes close to the quality of Maxis' games)
      And considering how low the quality of EA-Maxis games have been .

Comment

This looks like something straight out of a Chinese real estate brochure.

Who knows, the Chinese probably will come out with some hyper-realistic SimCity in the next couple years. SimCity might as well be SimChina - where else do 5-million people cities get built from scratch?
        Visit First Cultural Industries
        There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
        Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

instant plaza and lake!
          Attached Files
          There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
          Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

generic Chinese skyline!
            Attached Files

Comment

I wish they'd do something Spore-ish and combine this with The Sims, so you can cycle between the micro and macro.
              Lysistrata: It comes down to this: Only we women can save Greece.
              Kalonike: Only we women? Poor Greece!

Comment

You're trying to give DrSpike a heart attack, right?

Anyway, eww. No. Not interested in that, sorry RoN was about as far as you can go in that direction (merging that macro with micro play), as far as I'm concerned. Spore is a continuous storyline; swapping from Sim City to The Sims would be insane.
                <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by Sn00py
                  Here's another screenshot of Simcity 5000 supposedly.
                  Looks better, but haven't heard about this being from SimCity 5

Originally posted by Lazerus
                  Damn is that second pic seriously an ingame shot ?
                  Nope, that's just most SimCity gamers dream: A more realistic and beautiful city

Originally posted by Wiglaf
                  SC has never really been a hardcore sim, sorry to disappoint you.
                  I never said that, but it sounds like SimCity 5 is going in the opposite direction than what I want it to go
                  This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

I dream of the second screenshot, fear the first one as hell and can accept the third one if the game is better than the failure that was SC4.
                    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by VJ
                      They're milking the franchise for all it's worth. If you're buying this, you're suckers. And I bet many still will, turning SC5 into a impressively profitful project (compared to amount invested in $) for Maxis.
                      You do realize the game will be made by Tilted Mill, and published by EA? No Maxis involvement at all, IIUC.
                      "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

ive only played Simcity2000, which was not an accurate sim in many ways. My understanding is that 3000 and 4, while improving realism of apppearance dramatically, and of gameplay somewhat, are still not realistic sims. But the spirit of the series is that "realism is good" - the fanbase had a fairly "grognard" mindset, which Maxis legitimized and encouraged, a very different approach in the "its only a game" ethos that pervades most big commercial games and their communities. I think losing that ethos is what the community is afraid of.

I will wait and see. I dont particularly want to see Caesar in modern dress (Actually that might be a good game, but I wouldnt want to completely lose this series to get it) OTOH I wouldnt judge the graphics this early, nor would I assume that they will make a game untrue to the series (though they may not push it further toward realism)

I likely wont have the PC power to run it anytime soon anyway.
                        "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by lord of the mark
                          ive only played Simcity2000, which was not an accurate sim in many ways. My understanding is that 3000 and 4, while improving realism of apppearance dramatically, and of gameplay somewhat, are still not realistic sims
                          None of the SimCity games where that realistic, but for each game it became more realistic. And SimCity games are the most realistic city builder games there are
                          SimCity fans has been complaining about it being unrealistic, most see it as it's going the wrong way it if becomes less realistic

But of course there will always be some people who'll end up loving this game, just as some people love CityLife. But IMHO it's not a good idea to make all veteran SimCity fans angry, it's us who made SimCity the success it is today

Comment

Originally posted by Sn00py
                            Here's another screenshot of Simcity 5000 supposedly.

It's so obviously a fake. Anyone that's used google maps should notice that.

And if it looks anything like the first shot in the OP then I ain't buying it either. Reminds me of Theme Park World compared to Rollercoaster Tycoon
                            Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                            CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                            One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Yes the 2nd and 3rd pics are definitely fakes, no way can they get that level of detail in repeating tile sets.

Looks like pic 1 has the best possibility of being real...LOL...1800s style architecture with 1950's cars.
                              We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Spaced Cowboy
                                Yes the 2nd and 3rd pics are definitely fakes, no way can they get that level of detail in repeating tile sets.

Looks like pic 1 has the best possibility of being real...LOL...1800s style architecture with 1950's cars.
                                Pic 1 is real AFAIK
                                Pic 2 is without doubt not from SimCity 5 (I believe someone created that to show how they wanted SimCity 5 to look like)
                                Pic 3 looks nice and shouldn't be that hard to accomplish, but I don't believe it's from SimCity 5 (haven't seen it mentioned anywhere else)

If pic 2 was real, then everybody would have been screaming "I can't wait to get my hands on that game" instead of "let's do everything we can to make EA cancel the game" like they scream about now

Comment

Working...
                                X