• Show
Clear All

• Fallout 3 Forums up

gogogogo

Full of complaints already.
    "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
    "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
    "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
    "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Re: Fallout 3 Forums up

Originally posted by Apocalypse
    Full of complaints already.
    I'm shocked. Really.
    Age and treachery will defeat youth and skill every time.

Comment

Hmm... reading through those comments, I didn't realize that turn-based combat was not allowed in games anymore
      I make movies. Come check 'em out.

Comment

I checked it out, briefly. Fans can be soooo annoying.
        Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

I've already given up most of my hope for Fallout 3, if the other BethsWhoCaresAboutTheSpelling games are anything to go by Fallout 3 probably will not be a real Fallout sequel
          But we'll see... hopefully the first screenshots/videos makes me change my mind... I'm still keeping my eye on it
          This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Interesting and a couple of locked threads already.

Seems to be an explosive mixture of diehard Fallout fans and people who think Diablo is an RPG.

I'm not expecting a sequal to Fallout 2 but I'm hoping we get something interesting but i think it's more likely to be closer to Oblivion than Fallout.

Good to be proved wrong though.

Comment

IGN has some new very nice artwork done

be free

Comment

Originally posted by Standup
                I'm not expecting a sequal to Fallout 2 but I'm hoping we get something interesting but i think it's more likely to be closer to Oblivion than Fallout.

Good to be proved wrong though.
                Agreed. Probably closer to Oblivion, but if it is more like Fallout, then I'll be extremely happy.
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Nice flamefests.

Comment

Originally posted by ZargonX
                    Hmm... reading through those comments, I didn't realize that turn-based combat was not allowed in games anymore
                    face it, turn based combat is out of date and silly.

Comment

Originally posted by Dis

face it, turn based combat is out of date and silly.
                      Come now, it all depends on the game style doesn't it?

Oblivion with turn-based combat(using the same engine) would be silly, but games like the Advance Wars and Fire Emblem games suit it perfectly(not to mention Civ!!). It all depends on the games design.

On that note I have currently been playing Medieval II, and I often find myself wondering if I would have preferred a more structured turn based combat engine(maybe the novelty of the 'chaos' of the Total War games has started to wear out on me as I've played them all?), so i think turn-based does have it advantages.

Can i predict for Fallout 3 that we will get an amazingly graphical good looking game that will be short on depth(skills/quests/rpg stuff etc) and longevity(i.e. you wont be playing it a year after purchase as it will get rather boring due to that lack of depth and detail of the original design)?

I think I'm getting quite good at predicting future games, so you can hold me to this one

Oh but it will look sexy, real real sexy - and it will be fun listening for the famous voice over actors!

Great! We have come so far! The advance of technology is amazing!

Comment

I did agree with the thread on Stalker though (well bits).

Having bought a new PC with a completely over the top gfx card for Battle For Wesnoth I needed some eye candy games. I haven't played much but the atmosphere is spot on. The gameplay seems to be much more FPS than RPG but as we're not going to get a 2d isometric, turn based game take what you can. First person can be used for good RPGs look at vampire bloodlines (well the first half).

It's a pity that any debate soon degenerates on the fallout forums. I haven't bothered registering as even the sensible comments are flamed by one side or the other.

Comment

civ4 is TBS, that's different. Games on a global scale should be turn based and not real time. That's why I can't stand RTS.

Some squad level games work better turned base, as you are controlling several chars at once, and it's dificult to do real time. Individual combat rpg games I like to be based on weapon speeds and such (rather than fast button pushing- that's for FPS), or based on rounds (like NWN).

Comment

I did agree with the thread on Stalker though (well bits).
                            What's the consensus on STALKER? I almost bought it, it looked fun. But then I heard that its like 10 hours long...
                            Last edited by Nostromo; June 4, 2007, 14:30.
                            Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Dis is right. Turn-based combat like it was done in Fallout 2 (you move/game pauses/he moves/game pauses...) is obsolete. It was replaced by Bioware's pseudo real-time turn-based combat system, featured in games such as Baldur's gate and KOTOR. Those are still OK, IMO. Although that system is not that much different from a real-time system where you can pause and give orders. I just hope that the combat in Fallout 3 will have more tactical depth than Oblivion. The combat in Oblivion was slightly better than Morrowind, but it still had flaws, IMO.
                              Last edited by Nostromo; June 4, 2007, 14:39.

Comment

Working...
                              X