Mafia #49 - The Missing Piece

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The votes are counted

The village people examined all the clues and deliberated amongst themselves. After much thoughtful interpretation of the RED HERRINGS they placed their votes on the bar list.

Rah was given the job of tallying them up.

He looked solemnly at Civman2000 and stated in his best Sherrif voice.

"You are TOAST!"

With that the villagers carried Civman down to the dock and tied civman up with chains and weights and then threw him into the river.

Content that the crime was solved everyone went home.

Well nearly everyone went home. One person started to go home then circled back to the Dock. This person smiled broadly and whistled a little tune and then pulled a list out of his pocket and ticked off two names. Two down already, thought the Mafia, I love this game.

The next morning Jonny and Reismark were half sober and were discusisng the Leirosa issue. Jonny admitted to his good friend that while he might be turning gay, it was only one man he fancied. Reismark told him that there is no shame in being gay. But then proceeded to walk to the bar to get their daily supply.

Leirosa waved as Reismark approached the bar and Jonny, who was following closely blushed. The two of them were suprised to find the bar locked, Rah had promised to keep the place running in skankys mempry.

They looked through the window and could see Rah sleeping on his favourite stool, head down on the bar. They pounded on the door and the window to try and wake him, but to no avail. Leirosa picked up his broom and smashed it into the window. Glass splinters flew everywhere. Reismark and Jonny looked at each other in surprise. But Leirosa was already entering the bar. Leirosa screamed as he touched Rah and Rah's body fell to the floor into the pool of blood under the stool.

The three of them the ran screaming from the bar to rouse the villagers.

All the remaining villagers were soon gathered outside the bar. The crowd didnt know who to trust. Ljube stepped to the front of the small gathering and addressed the villagers.

"My fellow citizens of Apolyonia. We have been hit by yet another foul and malicious killing. We all know that it is one of us here. One of our own is the dreaded killer. " He looked around the crowd hoping that their eyes would give them away, but no luck.
    "I will take Whoha and Ljube and we will search the scene for clues to the killer. WE will leave no stone unturned."

With that the three of them entered the bar and began their search. Once again the killer had been thourough in covering his tracks. They examined rahs body and noticed that he appeared to have been hit by something heavy first prior to being cut open. They searched around for the heavy object but couldnt find anything likely. Ljube went out back and checked the garbage bins.
    "Ah hah" he exlcaimed. He ran back to the others and displayed his findings. The accounts book of Skankys bar. It was a large leather bound journal that had blood down the binder. They opened the ledger and noticed immediatly that many pages from the last few weeks had been torn out.
    "So," said Fishsticks," someone was trying to destroy the accounts book. Rah must have caught them then been attacked himself. This is obviously all about Skankys dealings. First Skanky dies and now Rah is killed in skankys bar and hit by someone destroying the acoount book."

The three looked at each other and realsied none of it made sense. Who would kill to destroy accounts records.

They left the bar and took the villagers upto the Mayors home where again they were interviewed.

Following the interview process the evidence , little as it was , was placed outside Whohas home and again the vilalgers were asked to vote.
    GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

DarkCloud knows about books I reckon we should ask him.

Comment

Clues clues and Red herrings

Later that day the following clues were discovered.

1. The misisng pages of the accounts ledger were found in Ljubes garbage bin. He claimed he knew not how they got there.

2. A strange torn note was found in the park, it appeared to be only part of a much longer note. It read

".....you judged my fate long before you heard the truth, I can not bear to live with the guilt I have upon me. There is only one course of action and that is to remove those that bore false witness.

3. A bent and bloody knife was found down on the docks.

4. Bloody boots were food out the back of the bakery.

5. Rahs old Sherriff badge was discovered amonsgt the leaves in the park

Comment

Another accident???

Later in the afternoon spacedcowboy was found down at the docks apparently unconscious, he was found by Adagio and when he came too he said that he had been following someone dressed in a dark overcoat and when he turned the corner had been hit over the head.

Adagio could see no bruising or bump on spaceds head so gave him some liquor and sent him home.

Comment

I'll vote for Chaunk since I obviously didn't see him, yet he claims to have seen me. !
            -->Visit CGN!
            -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

I suspect that Darkcloud may be the killer. He likes to keep lists of his books ("he loved his books and kept very accurate lists of everyone he had and who had borrowed what") and the mafia had made a list, presumably of those he wanted to kill ("This person smiled broadly and whistled a little tune and then pulled a list out of his pocket and ticked off two names. Two down already, thought the Mafia, I love this game.")

And great story Ras Like Hercules, I love this kind of mafia
              Play hangman.

Comment

Darkcloud likes lists, the mafia likes lists... sounds reasonable
                This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

DAMN, but yes Darkcloud has killed me early before when he was the mafia. So make him pay.
                  I'll go back to being dead now.
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Chaunk
                    I suspect that Darkcloud may be the killer. He likes to keep lists of his books ("he loved his books and kept very accurate lists of everyone he had and who had borrowed what") and the mafia had made a list, presumably of those he wanted to kill ("This person smiled broadly and whistled a little tune and then pulled a list out of his pocket and ticked off two names. Two down already, thought the Mafia, I love this game.")

And great story Ras Like Hercules, I love this kind of mafia
                    Good reasoning, just what DC is known for. And indeed, this is the mafia setting I like best too.
                    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

I really want to vote for bADGer at this juncture, but the evidence against DarkCloud is very compelling. Maybe bADGer's the other mafia.

Comment

DAMN, but yes Darkcloud has killed me early before when he was the mafia. So make him pay.
                        I'll go back to being dead now
                        I've never been the Mafia, rah, so that line of reasoning's out.

I've been the GM for "Assassins" twice though. Maybe that's what you're thinking about.
                        -->Visit CGN!
                        -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Chaunk

/me
                          "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

i'll join the listpile... DarkCloud
                            I was the hangman for the local jail, but they found out I was in the mafia and sent me off to nuclear war.

Comment

I like Chaunk's reasoning as well, so Darkcloud it is.
                              On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

my apologies to DARK Cloud as he has been voted as the mafia ,, and my clues were obviously a little too easy..

The killer revealed

The villagers decided to ignore the Red herrings this time and noticed from the many book and list related things that there could be only one killer.

The grabbed Darkcloud and asked why oh why

His response was

"I am who i am!"

With that Darkcloud was thrown into the river with the appropiate weights to prevent his retunr

Comment

Working...
                                X