No announcement yet.

Will The Settlers ever come back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems like everything is translated, even the speach is in english. I guess they changed their minds about it being German only
    This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

So you misinformed us again..................

Comment

Originally posted by Adagio
        Seems like everything is translated, even the speach is in english. I guess they changed their minds about it being German only
        Woot! Downloading the demo now
        Play hangman.

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
          Warum?
          Ein Spiel spielen.
          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
            So you misinformed us again..................
            I just wanted you to try the German version of the game, before getting the english version

So who has tried the demo?

Comment

Me. My underpowered graphics card did ok with all the graphic settings to minimum, but as soon as my new powersupply arrives...

Incidently, the menu does change to english if you swap the names of the folders in /data/language/ around.
              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Adagio

I just wanted you to try the German version of the game, before getting the english version
                Evil evil Adagio.

Comment

Someone on another forum posted a link to a 90-minutes fix:
                  http://rapidshare.de/files/25131214/S2DNG.zip (unpack to /bin/ library)

I haven't tested it yet, but they say that the timer just goes into negative instead of ending the game

Comment

So does that mean the normal demo lasted 90mins, and now its infinate? If so i dont think i like that user 'patch' - and it could affect sales, which is not the way to encourage brave developers imho

Comment

The SMAC demo had limited turns, but someone found a way to increase the turns beyond that limit. Somehow, I think the people who like the game enough to use such a hack will actually buy the game also.

Comment

Originally posted by El_Cid
                        So does that mean the normal demo lasted 90mins, and now its infinate? If so i dont think i like that user 'patch' - and it could affect sales, which is not the way to encourage brave developers imho
                        I seriously doubt it will affect sales, as you only got one small map to play

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
                          The SMAC demo had limited turns, but someone found a way to increase the turns beyond that limit. Somehow, I think the people who like the game enough to use such a hack will actually buy the game also.
                          Sure they will. That's why they used the hack instead of buying it in the first place.

Comment

And here I was thinking they used the hack so they could get a little bit extra out of the demo while waiting for the real game to be released, as they obviously enjoyed the game quite a bit. Silly me.

Comment

Yes, silly you.

Comment

I hear the sound of a point flying way over DrSpike's head.

Comment

Working...
                                X