Will The Settlers ever come back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will The Settlers ever come back?

I just saw the news on some other site a few minutes ago... apparently they're finally remaking The Settlers II

The first thing I saw was this german video:

And here's the official site: (also in German)

Based on the screenshots and video, it looks like it has potential to be a good remake of the classic

Maybe they finally got tired of me hanging around their forums, talking about that they should remake this game

Though I do believe Ubi Soft will destroy this game, like they destroyed Settlers V...
    This space is empty... or is it?

After having read a bit more about the game, it sounds like it's the same team who created Veni Vidi Vici back then

At the moment they're only planning on releasing a German version though
    But that's ok with me, as I only played the German version of The Settlers II

Comment

Haven't played since 4, or was it 5. I can't remember, they were all the same after 2.

Be nice to see a new game with the old magic, but the genre has moved on. Is it still possible?

Comment

Stupid DP

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
          Haven't played since 4, or was it 5. I can't remember, they were all the same after 2.
          3 and 4 was the same, but 5 was completely different... different in, as it had nothing in common with any Settler game ever

Be nice to see a new game with the old magic, but the genre has moved on. Is it still possible?
          Well, there's still a lot of hardcore Settlers II players around

But you're right, the genre has changed a lot, so I doubt it'll be as great a success as Settlers II was 10 years ago, which is why they're only going to release a German version

Comment

Looks like I'd better brush up on my German then.
            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Only a German version? Nein, I say!

Comment

Just send a few thousand mails to Ubisoft and tell them to change their mind

As far as I remember the last expansion pack they made for The Settlers IV was also Germany only

Comment

Looks like the Germans must be rabid Settlers fans. There are worse things, I suppose.

Comment

Sweet, i loved playing around with the flags/roads, trying to optimize my infrastructure.

Shame it will only be in German
                    We should have yin26 send them an email again.

Germans do seem to love simulations/strategy/war games more than the other people.
                    <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
                    Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

I loved both Settlers and Settlers 2. I played Settlers 3 for a while and decided not to buy neither 4 nor 5. I would love to see a Settlers 2 remake. It's been the best sequel of those I know.

And I am perfectly fine with a German version, too. You can have your games localized into English then. I'll recommend Ubisoft the company, that made the German localization of Oblivion. Quality stuff! I just love healing spells named "Fireball", fireball spells named "Torch", the month name "Last Semen". I also love menu options clipped after half the line, because the rest didn't fit.

Comment

Looks like the Germans must be rabid Settlers fans. There are worse things, I suppose.
                        Worse things than Germans?

Comment

Well, it is theoretically possible.
                          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Yay, DosBox runs Settlers 2 good now .

Comment

from the shots, it looks very close to settlers2.
                              Still with the flags and all.

One game I wont be buying.
                              "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Working...
                              X