• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nope.

Comment

Via IGN:

The Settlers to Populate DS
      Ubisoft announces the rebirth of a legend.
      by Mark Bozon

July 6, 2006 - DS fans looking for another strategy sim may be in for a treat, as Ubisoft announced today it is bringing The Settlers to Nintendo's new portable system. Originating in 1993 for PC, The Settlers is a slower-paced real-time strategy game which, much like the Age of Empires series, puts as much focus on economy and unit management as it does on battle. Though the origin of the series may be over a decade old, it could be a perfect fit for DS.

While Ubisoft hasn't specified just how The Settlers will work on the DS, the company did reveal a few key features. Players take the role of either the Romans, Vikings, Nubians, or Asians in a quest for world dominance. The game offers single-player action, either in Roman or World Campaigns, or in "Free Mode," which pits a human player against computer-controlled armies. To keep unit management simple, players use DS stylus to mimic mouse control, allowing them to zoom or switch the top and bottom screens with a simple screen tap.

The Settlers is scheduled for a Q4 2006 release in both Europe and Asia, with no American release date announced. We'll have more news as it develops. Until then, be sure to check out the first official screens of The Settlers DS in our media section below.
      I make movies. Come check 'em out.

Comment

Players take the role of either the Romans, Vikings, Nubians, or Asians in a quest for world dominance.

They have mentioned many times that the remake wont include the vikings
        This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Since when has IGN been accurate?

Comment

Anyone here still playing the old Settlers II game? If you do, then you might love these news even more:

On the official German Settlers II: The Next Generation site this was in the news section: (quick translation)

[q=Blue Byte]
            You can make your own maps with the map-editor, among other things you can also transform maps from the old S2 game, into 3D maps used in S2: TNG
            [/q]

Great, not only does the game come with a map editor (first Settlers game to include this from the start), but it also includes the possibility to use the thousands of S2:VVV maps to be found around the web

Comment

Nice, although my version of S2 was missing the map editor, so I have never made my own.
              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

The map editor was released with the XPack

Comment

I found a few screenshots of the editor:

Nothing special, except that you can set the sounds to special areas... but why doesn't the game add that itself?

PC Games: Aktuelle News, Videos, Tests, Tipps, Cheats und Lösungen zu PC-Spielen, Playstation-Spielen, Xbox-Spielen, Nintendo-Spielen und mehr.

Comment

Maybe they expect you to make the game yourself.

Comment

5 new screenshots

4P berichtet über aktuelle Gaming News, Spieletests, Vorschauen und Hardware für PC, PS5, Xbox, Switch und VR und vieles mehr.

Comment

"Cheep! Cheep!"
                        "Hammer! Hammer!"
                        "Chop! Chop!"
                        "Saw!Saw!"
                        (the wind rustles through the trees)

Ahhh!........the settlers

Comment

The game has now gone gold, set to be released early next month in Germany, Austria and Switzerland

Comment

Pretty.

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
                              Pretty.
                              .......disapointing imho.

They have gone with full 3D. 3D and strat dont mix well in my opinion.....in fact i cant think of any good strat/building game that used a 3D engine and was any good?(please feel free to enlighten me!)

You will spend half of the game messing around with view angles trying to get a good strategic overview of whats going on(on not as the case may be). This will become the 'strategy' of the game, just as 'rapid mouse click' became the winning trick in most rts. dissapointing.

I'll try the demo, but i expect i'll be sticking with the origonal settlersII gold.

Comment

Well that may not be the viewable overview, or there may be other views available.

Comment

Working...
                                X