No announcement yet.

Guild Wars & World of Warcraft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asmodean, could you recommend me an UI mod or two? Especially the top bar you have would be nifty, but I have no idea what it's called. I'm also a bit cautious toward mods, although I believe bans are made only when changes are made to the .exe, not the UI files.
    Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

WoW looks soooooo cluttered compared to GW.
      1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
      That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
      Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
      Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon
        Which server are you on?
        Alexstrasza.

I don't understand how the large raids work. It seems like it would be a confusing battle.

It certainly looks interesting though. I just wouldn't want to be with a group/guild that are TOO into the game to the point where they are a-holes to lesser players.

Sometimes it is hard to find anyone for help with a common quest that I wish there was an option to hire ai help.
        While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

Comment

by the way, what exactly is "tanking". i've heard of it, but not sure what it is.

are you still playing Asmodean? or have you had enough of it?

im only at level 13, so it will be a while before any raid dungeons are in my future anyway.
          While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

Comment

A tank is a well-armoured character, usually some kind of warrior, who can take loads of hits. The other characters stand around while the monsters beat the tank into a pulp, and use spells to heal him/her, and spells and missile weapons to beat the monsters into a pulp.

Comment

Originally posted by Asmodean

You need to do two things, m8 :-)

1 - Find a good guild

2 - Work on your social skills

Asmodean

Comment

Originally posted by Jamski
                WoW looks soooooo cluttered compared to GW.
                Yeah, though most people use better UI mods I think.

Comment

I r post more screenshot!!

"Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

They r not working.

Comment

Originally posted by vee4473

Alexstrasza.

I don't understand how the large raids work. It seems like it would be a confusing battle.
                      People talk for half an hour and then fight for a minute.

It certainly looks interesting though. I just wouldn't want to be with a group/guild that are TOO into the game to the point where they are a-holes to lesser players.
                      That sounds like most of the raiding guilds.

Sometimes it is hard to find anyone for help with a common quest that I wish there was an option to hire ai help.
                      You are on a new server, so there aren't that many players yet. You don't need help for most of them. What is your character?
                      Only feebs vote.

Comment

i'm a level 13 paladin.

you're right, most quests are doable by themselves so far (except the harvest watchers.. I may have attempted too early), but if some do indeed need groups to complete, yet none are readily available, then an "ai mercenary" option would have been nice.

Although I understand that spits in the face of what Blizzard was trying to accomplish....somewhat.

Anyway, even though the server is new, it says its full and I often have to wait a minute in the queue to get in.

Their are people running around all over the place, but sometimes finding someone with the same quest or willing to help is tedious, and as you mentioned can be bad if the guy/gal is an a-hole.

ehhh...if i need help, eventually i can get it. I tend to roam alone unless absolutely necessary.

But, if you do find a good couple of people to play with it can be alot of fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Kassiopeia
                          Asmodean, could you recommend me an UI mod or two? Especially the top bar you have would be nifty, but I have no idea what it's called. I'm also a bit cautious toward mods, although I believe bans are made only when changes are made to the .exe, not the UI files.
                          My top bar is called Titan Panel, and yeah, it is a good one.

앗! 당신은 알려지지 않은 영역으로 모험을 떠났나 봅니다. 당신이 찾고 있는 페이지는 인터넷의 광활한 공간에 길을 잃었거나 아예 존재하지 않았을 수도 있습니다. 하지만 걱정하지 마세요, 계속 여정을 이어갈 몇 가지 방법이 있습니다:

You don't need to worry too much about mods. I have never heard of any mods from curse-gaming that was a bannable offense. So if you stick to curse-gaming, you need not to worry.

Asmodean
                          Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

Originally posted by vee4473
                            i'm a level 13 paladin.

you're right, most quests are doable by themselves so far (except the harvest watchers.. I may have attempted too early), but if some do indeed need groups to complete, yet none are readily available, then an "ai mercenary" option would have been nice.
                            That's doable by yourself with a paladin. I did it with my paladin.

Anyway, even though the server is new, it says its full and I often have to wait a minute in the queue to get in.
                            That's because it counts as full depending on how many people are in certain areas to avoid congestion.

On the other hand, Blizzard lowered the number of players limit last month so every server has been getting ridiculous queues. It's part of the reason why I deactivated my account.

Their are people running around all over the place, but sometimes finding someone with the same quest or willing to help is tedious, and as you mentioned can be bad if the guy/gal is an a-hole.

ehhh...if i need help, eventually i can get it. I tend to roam alone unless absolutely necessary.

But, if you do find a good couple of people to play with it can be alot of fun.
                            Look around and see if any guilds are recruiting. That's a good way to find advice and people to party with.
                            Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Asmodean
                              2 - Work on your social skills
                              Asmodean
                              I'm Enigma_Nova, god damn it.
                              Open disrespect of pretty much everybody is one of my defining traits.

Yeah, my lack of access to MC is confusing. Surely there are at least 39 skilled people on the server that I haven't pissed off ...
                              But then again, I am Enigma_Nova.

There are games that favor *******s over idiots, just not this one.

Comment

Originally posted by duke o' york
                                They r not working.
                                Weird. I cleared cache and cookies and refreshed and they still work for me. You should be able to see my 1337ness in all it's glory
                                "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

Working...
                                X