Apolyon vs the Universe! - Part 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't have any

But please, don't hesitate to use your own recyclers, I bet your nearby colony will aprreciate the extra resources
    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

In my capitol, since the destruction of my fleet, I've been building defenses

I've been doing the exact opposite. I rebuilt my defences at my homeworld after I was wiped out the first time, but after that I never spent another resource at defending myself. All my colonies never even built any.
      Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
      And notifying the next of kin
      Once again...

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor
        I don't have any

But please, don't hesitate to use your own recyclers, I bet your nearby colony will aprreciate the extra resources
        I don't even have a shipyard there, so no, I haven't got a recycler. Anything produced goes either directly to my home planet, or into new mines.

Comment

My military project is thus:

Build groups of combined weapons, each weapon being roughly as strong as the other. A "company" would look like:
          - 2 Battlships
          - 5 Cruisers
          - 12 Heavy Fighters
          - 40 Light Fighters

I expect the resource-gathering for such a "company" to last 30 hours. What do you think about it?
          "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident

Comment

That would be 372k metal and 163k crystal. 30 hours would involve a lot of successful raiding.

Comment

In other news:

The attacker has won the battle!
              He captures
              162965 Metal, 38949 Crystal and 8952 Deuterium

The attacker has won the battle!
              He captures
              81497 Metal, 19482 Crystal and 4478 Deuterium

It's going to be a long night... There is another one I have my eye on once my fleet gets back home
              Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
              And notifying the next of kin
              Once again...

Comment

Originally posted by duke o' york
                That would be 372k metal and 163k crystal. 30 hours would involve a lot of successful raiding.
                Err, no, it involves a lot of big colonies (My calculations didn't take raiding into account at all)

Comment

Well I've already put my fleetsave out for the night, so if anyone has any targets they'd like whacked, then please post in the thread so I can do them tomorrow.

Comment

What's the point in building light fighters?
                    -->Visit CGN!
                    -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

They die so your more expensive ships don't.
                      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Fodder in other words
                        On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor
                          However, once I reach my research objectives (computer tech 10, energy tech 12, hyperspace tech 8, IRN 1), all my resources will be used for military buildup. And it should be quite something
                          I have similar ideals, though I have reached three of your goals and still haven't built up my fleet . I don't understand your other objective of energy tech 12 though. I have 8 and don't plan to ever research 9 let alone 10, 11, 12. All that Energy gives you is the possibility to get terraformers which sound like a very expensive way to expand the fields on your planet (or is it just moon?? ). As Skanky points out, moon fields are too expensive to use too many of anyway, and if your planet is so full it needs terraformers it was likely too small to begin with in my opinion. (But it's only my opinion, feel free to do as you wish ).

/me
                          "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

Terraformers are (most likely) for planets only. Moonbases are different in that they make the fields of the moon available to use, whereas terraformers make new fields to use. My moon has a maximum of 78 fields regardless of how many moonbases I build, but only 16 useable ones (or close to). I've only researched energy up to 8 so I could build plasma.
                            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

So will you research level 9-12 of Energy at some point in the future?
                              "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

If I have nothing better to do. In other words, probably not.

In an hour I'll start harassing faith and destroy some of his shipping. Not much though, his main planet is rather defended and will require a few missiles to make it worthy.

Comment

Working...
                                X