No announcement yet.

Guild Wars - Third Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And speaking of WoW, is there a discussion thread for that game somewhere in this forum?
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

• I checked out the official website for Guild Wars and read their technical support info. Apparently players who have an NVIDIA graphics card have problems unless they change the settings to High Quality. How effective is this suggested solution??

Comment

• I've never had a problem with my old computer's 5200FX ...
        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• But according to the official site, the problem seems to be particular with NVIDIA -- unless your 5200FX is a version of NVIDIA??

Comment

• I have a nVidia GeForce 6600 and had no problems with GW whatsoever.

Comment

• I have a NVidia card and GW runs perfectly, never had a single problem.
              1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
              That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
              Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
              Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

• Originally posted by Barinthus
                straight choice which sucks ha. what can i say, i'm a gluttonous pig. I want to be able to have a slot of each class - I dont care for having a PvP slot only. It suits me using PvE for pvping.
                You can't have a slot for each class unless you don't merge. This is a bad choice imo.

I want the same - so I bought a second account.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamski
                  I have a NVidia card and GW runs perfectly, never had a single problem.
                  Ditto.

Comment

• 6600 GT no problems. Works well on dialup too.

Of course the no subscription fee is the best.

Comment

• Oh and I finshed FA last night. Got a nice green air staff. Can't remember the name.

Comment

• It's Runar Brimstone's staff.

Comment

• Hey Ralph, Jamski, and Spike -- thanks for your reassurances.

Comment

• But, maybe you guys still want to visit the company's official Guild Wars website and check out its technical support FAQs to see exactly what I was initially concerned about.

Maybe you guys don't have problems now, because you guys already have done what the solution in the FAQs suggested.

Comment

• I didn't do anything to overcome hardships, simply because there weren't any. Installed, and it ran smoothly from the get go.

In many games many people have troubles. In EQ2, which I play as well, some people have stuttering problems with NVIDIA cards. This is especially embarrassing, because NVIDIA is proclaimed official partner and their cards recommended hardware. But again, most people with NVIDIA cards don't suffer any problems at all. Often downloading the newest driver (which should be done regardless if you play or not) fixes everything.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrFun
                                But, maybe you guys still want to visit the company's official Guild Wars website and check out its technical support FAQs to see exactly what I was initially concerned about.

Maybe you guys don't have problems now, because you guys already have done what the solution in the FAQs suggested.
                                Nope. As games go the technical problems with GW are very minimal indeed.

Comment

Working...
                                X