Got Black and White 2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got Black and White 2?

I'm picking it up tomorrow, hopefully its not sold out.

I will post a short review once I've got it.

Anyone else played it yet?
    be free

Sounds like the release has been an absolute fiasco. You're brave for buying it so soon...

Well the boards are getting funny.

The patch that comes out the 6th, 2 days after the official release, is not up for downloading.

Poeple are freaking out and the devs are claiming the official release date is the 7th World Wide. Later they backtrack and it turns out the actual release date ranges from the 4th (US) to the 13th!

The patch also will destroy your save files, so if you play for 2 days, you have to restart. Can't even back them up they do not work with the patched version.

The devs have been saying they are waiting for EA to put the patch up for download. then he made an odd statement about it being up ASAP! And something about being done in the next 24 hours.

Lionhead has webcams of their developers. After a couple threads vanished another Dev mentioned they were finishing the patch right now. Its not even done.
    If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

I'm working on getting it, won't buy it though as I believe it'll just end up being the same as the first game, except with a bit better graphics...

I hope I'll be suprised, but I doubt it
      This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Originally posted by FrustratedPoet
        Sounds like the release has been an absolute fiasco.
        Well it is the sequel to Black & White...
        Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Those who are having technical problems with it are upset.

But those who are having no problems with it are saying its amazing. Far better than B&W.
          be free

Comment

That's why you always should test the game before buying it. If you're getting technical problems with the game (and it's not going to get fixed within the first 6 months), then buying the game would be a waste of money

Comment

It has an average ratio of 71%... It doesn't look promising.

Not every critic is the same. Metacritic offers aggregated game reviews from the top critics, and our own METASCORE pinpoints at a glance how each game was reviewed.
              Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

I remember World of Warcraft created an initial stink when servers failed. The cries of impatient nerds are of little consequence.

Idiot critics of the first game will find any little fault and magnify it.

I'm going to wait a long while to buy it myself. I have too many games to play at the moment, so it would just be foolish to rush out and buy it full price.
                Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

Comment

Originally posted by nostromo
                  It has an average ratio of 71%... It doesn't look promising.

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/535410.asp
                  The first game received ecstatic review, which proves that such rankings are no gauge of quality. I am sure that reviewers don't want to burn themselves a second time, so they are probably erring on the side of caution.

Comment

Originally posted by Adagio
                    That's why you always should test the game before buying it. If you're getting technical problems with the game (and it's not going to get fixed within the first 6 months), then buying the game would be a waste of money
                    I just don't buy this argument that downloading games illegally is okay, because you are just testing.

Why be ashamed about piracy?

Comment

I'm not ashamed, but some people need a reason, and the above reason is a damn good reason for people like me who doesn't like to support bad game companies...

Comment

Ok played it for 1 hour.

Graphics: 10
                        Audio: 10
                        Interface: 7
                        Gameplay: 7

But, despite the fairly high points I give it, there is one aspect of the game that ruins it all for me. The devil and the angel god thing. When they appear, they don't shutup, and you lose control of everything, they are repetitive in their instructions and their voice is irritating.

I am a God, I should not have a subconcious, I should have complete control, I do not need to be taught like a baby how to do everything in the game, if I really need help, I will check the keyboard commands or the manual.

They did this to B&W1 and it was the most annoying part of the game for me, and they have done it again in B&W2.
                        be free

Comment

That is annoying. A later patch allowed you to skip the stupid tutorial in the first game - yet they have included it straight off in the sequel.

Dumb.

Comment

I never played the first game.

What is this game?

what genre is it?
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

The first game received ecstatic review, which proves that such rankings are no gauge of quality. I am sure that reviewers don't want to burn themselves a second time, so they are probably erring on the side of caution.
                              It only proves that reviewers can err. I noticed that they are particularly prone to making such mistakes with highly hyped titles, titles such as Metal Gear Solid 3, Doom 3 and, of course, Black and White come to mind. The rankings are still fairly reliable, IMO. Especially if you take into account a lot of reviews.
                              Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Working...
                              X