No announcement yet.

Guild Wars 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Practice first in 4v4 so you have a clue when you get to Tombs.

I don't use [Backfire] that often due to its high casting time but I'd imagine it's freaky awesome as a primary mesmer.
    Its the only sensible way of stopping monk-type bosses in PvE. Everytime they cast their Orison to heal themselves for 60, they take ~120 damage. So they try to heal themself again... Its kinda like an inverse Mark of Protection. In PvP a smart monk will stop casting when he sees that Backfire icon, or takes Backfire damage the first time. A stupid monk will Backfire himself to death with 3 or 4 spells The trick to Backfire is all in the timing. Even with Fast Casting pumped its still a second and a half to cast, and you want it to hit just when the target is about to start spamming spells.
    1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
    That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
    Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
    Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

• I think the backfire damage gets applied when the spell has finished casting, so if they are casting something long like fire storm, then you can sneak in your backfire even after they have started casting

Ived been practicing a lot with my interrupt spells, and Ive got to a point where I can interrupt (at range) flare and orison of healing if I am paying attention
      Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

• Stick Arcane Conundrum on them and interrupt at your leisure
        1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
        That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
        Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!

Comment

• I have noticed that often I get Backfired when my energy has almost run out, not too bright Mesmering
          Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamski

Its the only sensible way of stopping monk-type bosses in PvE. Everytime they cast their Orison to heal themselves for 60, they take ~120 damage. So they try to heal themself again... Its kinda like an inverse Mark of Protection.
            Not really, there are many options depending on what classes you have. A simple enchant remove deals with those who use aura of faith and mark of protection or similar skills (and this covers the most annoying ones). An interrupting ranger will also do, or various necro skills that hinder healing.

Comment

• Like anyone in a PUG takes those kind of skills Everyone seems to play with such a "Lone Wolf" mentality.

Comment

• I saw disrupting shot interrupt a res signet, is there anything else that can do that?
                Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

Like anyone in a PUG takes those kind of skills Everyone seems to play with such a "Lone Wolf" mentality.
                  Well you don't like leading parties. I don't mind, and in "Willa the Unpleasant" missions I always make sure the group has one of the options I gave.

Comment

• Oh I like leading parties alright, its just the hour-or-so it takes to get a PuG together that does what I want - you've seen me in action, I'm quite specific. I figure its worth an hour setting up to get the mission done in one try without any trouble, but hey, how often can I be bothered?

Hah, if they say "go go go" its auto-kick, remember? And if the warrior answers "yes" to the question "do you do loads of damage" they get auto kicked too... oh and if anyone uses Mending they get autokicked...

Comment

• W00tness. I tried to play W today, I really did, but when I got back to my necro and REALLY got around to playing with him, I've fallen in love with the game again. Instead of BRINGING life, I now TAKE it. Muahahahahaha! It's exhilirating, I am drunk on KYLLING.
                      Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Hah, if they say "go go go" its auto-kick, remember? And if the warrior answers "yes" to the question "do you do loads of damage" they get auto kicked too... oh and if anyone uses Mending they get autokicked...
                        Re: 'go go go' I'm with you and I can see why you'd kick out a W who answered that way but what's wrong with Mending?
                        Who is Barinthus?

Comment

• Mending is horribly horribly mana-unefficient, and W/Mo always cast it on themselves (who need it least, and who have the worst energy regen anyway) Its good for running, but that's it. I'd much rather see a W/Mo take Vigourous Spirit if they want constant healing. Or use their mana to kylle baddies faster so my monk doesn't have to heal them so much. If you're going to die Mending won't save you. If they MUST maintain an enchant, then Live Vicariously will provide much more healing, even a hammer-warrior has a small advantage

How about a totally adrenaline based W/Mo that casts Succor on a caster? That'd work for me

Or if a W/Mo in PvP were to run Life Bond on his monk... wow that'd be nice too.

Mending... pah

Comment

• The only valid reason for mending IMO is for a warrior who wields a vampiric weapon, so they don't die during the cutscenes.

Of course, finding a valid reason to wield a vampiric weapon might be tougher ...
                            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Ah vampric weapons suck life out of you? I thought those suck life out of your enemies and transfer to you?
                              Who is Barinthus?

Comment

• They do both. They give you 1 health degen and steal 1-5 health from struck target. I hate vampiric weapons.

Ok, skill changes look interesting. Reduced cost for some fire spells, Nature's Renwal no longer flushes enchants and hexes when dropped, spirits don't affect spirits, only one spirit of each type active at any time, chain lightning damage decreased by 10% and cast time increased to 3 seconds...

Me likes.

Comment

Working...
                                X