No announcement yet.

Guild Wars 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went Me/R instead of R/Me because I wanted access to the fast casting skill, so hopefully that should aleviate that problem somewhat.

Im up for a Poly party, my W has got up to ember light camp, and my monk is halfway through the jungle, but also has access to droknars. Im mostly just trying to level my monk and mesmer, but I cant stay away from pvp long enough to do it
    Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

My Monkey is at Ember Light Camp, hasn't gotten any farther yet.
      Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Cool, me and my mates just got there yesterday. Will drop you a whisper if we manage to all get together at the same time again

Comment

Yes, an Apolyton party would be great, if not a guild, but this will hardly be possible, as some (if not all) of you are guilded. I left my first guild after 2 days of membership and so far resisted all further invitations. So if you need a nuker/suicide bomber (specialized at PB nuking) for stuff up to the desert, just call me.

Comment

I wish I could speak French/German fluently I guess it's time to practice my rusty French. :P

Originally posted by Jamski
            I smell a 'poly party coming up.
            Mememememememememe! /pickme

Just set up a time and date, I'm there even if it's 4 in the morning for me (as long it's not a work night!). Don't even have to speak English
            Last edited by Barinthus; August 22, 2005, 09:55.
            Who is Barinthus?

Comment

About that dead body picture here's the orginial. Funny, I thought folks who could identify some obscure coastline or lips without the rest of face could do this

As you can see, this is in D'Alessio Seaboard. When I first saw this, I thought 'Cool, a freak death' but later I realize it's pretty common. If you'll look at that compass picture in upper right corner, there are mobs outside of the town. If you get too close to the wall, they can attack you through that wall.
              Attached Files
              Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Ralph
                Yes, an Apolyton party would be great, if not a guild, but this will hardly be possible, as some (if not all) of you are guilded. I left my first guild after 2 days of membership and so far resisted all further invitations. So if you need a nuker/suicide bomber (specialized at PB nuking) for stuff up to the desert, just call me.
                Heck, I'd quit my guild for a 'Poly one. The thing is, as someone (snoopy I believe) said in the thread part one, we are all spreaded out across different servers. I don't see anything wrong with creating an American and European (and Korean?) 'Poly Guild. Perhaps same cape emblem but different color background?

Those guilds probably would be small but since many guilds do have their own forums we could 'encourage' people to join 'Poly for our "guild forum"
                Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Originally posted by Jamski
                  Ralph, the trouble with being an E/Me is that so many mesmer hexes take 2 or 3 seconds to cast and only last 10 seconds or so. I found it so frustrating that my party were killing people before I could finish casting a spell. My E/Me concentrates on blowing stuff up now. Its nice to have all the extra energy though
                  True, and in PvE I wouldn't waste hexes for the normal yard trash, which is killed in fives seconds anyway. In these cases I would just Immolate or Fireball (if I have a chance to hit several), or use my explosive belts Inferno and Phoenix if I am in the thick of battle. But if I see our swordsman lonely slugging a boss while the rest of the party deals with minions or adds, throwing a Backfire or an Empathy now and then, while my other skills recharge, helps definitely.

Comment

I just wish the party would not attack my target (the baddie caster) and go kill the other little thingies that are about. Look, he's got Backfire on him and -10 health degen. He'll die without a few sword pokes. Hell, I'm onto the next target already. The ablitity to dump a mass of hexes on a baddie in seconds, then move on, knowing he'll die without any further help, is the whole joy of being a mesmer. I guess the ineffeciency of seeing people wasting spells and attacks on a foe I already know is dead is what galls me.

My mes is currently tanking baddies in the Yak's Bend area since I have Droknar's armour I feel like god.
                    1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                    That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                    Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                    Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

I know what you mean about your party wasting time on enemys you know are already dead. Im going to be glad Ive got a mike and ts

Comment

Originally posted by Kassiopeia

Edit: Piippolan Vaari is W/Mo, btw. I need to figure out a good secondary for Artesia, something to complement hydromancing... Mesmer perhaps?
                        I know this is going to reinforce my naysayer reputation but hydromancers suck for PvE.

Mesmer is fine, but most go for them for energy management and with the right skills you don't need it. The support mesmer attributes (domination/illusion) are not a good match with the elementalists primary role.

Monk is fine as a secondary as you can always get groups with a healer, and although E/Mo is not as good as Mo/x (don't let any deluded E/Mo players tell you otherwise) it is decent.

Best is straight ele though, whatever you pick. I'd just pick something you haven't used yet to unlock skills.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Ralph
                          Yesterday I spent the whole day trying to get good groups to go to the three mission locations for ascension. I tried it as usual in the English districts, but my luck was horrible. I got into a dozen groups trying, but hardly one of them lasted longer than 15-20 minutes. Either idiots who loudly shouted "GRP LOOKING FOR LVL 19+! NO NOOBS PLZ!" and then charge into the very first battle like a moron, dragging ten Hydras at the group at once. Or drama queens, who quit after their first or second death, screwing the whole group in the thick of battle. Or self proclaimed great leaders, who try to find Elona's near the Oasis and reply "shut up noob", when I dare to question their wisdom by asking "umm, isn't that the wrong direction?" Or people, who want to "run" everything. I mean, why bothering to play a game if I don't play it myself?!? I tried to advertize myself "E/Me20 LFG for the three mission sites. No running please." and all response I got was "LOL ROFL GOOD LUCK NOOB".

I wasted over six hours of my best Sunday primetime with these morons and after this I was fed up beyond belief. I switched district to German-1 and changed the language setup of my game. Great, that you can do that "on the fly", even while grouped! I found a group to Thirsty River within five minutes. Boy, that was the absolutely best group I was ever in. We reached the Thirsty River in about an hour of fighting. Not running even a single meter. We killed quickly and professional. No adds of mobs, everyone knew his job. No noobophobes. No runners. As for drama queens, I couldn't check this, because nobody died. Not a single death in the whole group over the whole way! And doing this, we even had the time to joke around, for instance about the pope, who had just left Germany, and have fun. Not a guild group btw, a normal pick up group. And of course we did mission and bonus in our first try.

After this I had new hope and kept trying. I switched between English and German. I found groups fighting to the two other sites withing 3 or 4 hours, both of them in the German districts. We did one more mission, albeit this time without bonus. Now only the mission in Elona's is left. I hope to do it today. And I will visit my native districts more frequently now.

As for my next character, I fooled around with quite some classes, but I think it will be a Mesmer. May be a Me/N, or a Me/Mo. Mesmers are cool. And mesmers are, at least from what I can see with my not even 2 weeks of game experiences, hard to play well, but can be very powerful. I like challenges.

We've all been there.......some days I feel like throwing my comp out of the window. In fact, after doing the game 3 times (and a few more builds tried out before I used the 4th slot for PvP character) I've largely given up grouping with humans. After playing with a highly organised guild team I just can't take pick up groups.

As for the Mesmer (oops I'm doing it again) they are a challenge to play well, but even if they are they just aren't that great for PvE. Illusion is nice versus melee, but 1 ele skill owns all in illusion, and domination is nice versus casters, but in PvE a CHARGE TEH MONKS strategy is just more effective, sadly, and 1 more ele skill owns all dmg dealing casters again.

Wait for PvP. There a good mesmer is a real asset. Same with rangers, the other class I have dissed in these threads for PvE.

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
                            I know this is going to reinforce my naysayer reputation but hydromancers suck for PvE.
                            Hydro is, AFAIK, focused on attacking single targets, so I can see where you're coming from. I am probably going to go Pyro for the better part of the PvE part while unlocking hydro simultaniously (my 2ndary will not be a prof that needs more unlocking so I need not spend points on any more 2ndary skills than the ones I need).

Monk is fine as a secondary as you can always get groups with a healer, and although E/Mo is not as good as Mo/x (don't let any deluded E/Mo players tell you otherwise) it is decent.
                            I am always very sceptical wrt. Ele healers, though I may have to find out myself. Someone tried to convince me that an E/Mo is better than a M/*

Best is straight ele though, whatever you pick. I'd just pick something you haven't used yet to unlock skills.
                            W/Mo, Mo/Me, N/R... covers all other classes but E, I believe.
                            Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Doc, Eles are just so sloooooooow. A Mesmer has killed the first target (PvE) while the Ele is still casting that HUGE LONG SPELL... :yawn: In terms of damage per second Mesmers are the best sprinters. And thanks to their excellent energy managment and no exhaustion they are the second-best long-distance runners (after necros who can literally cast forever)
                              1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                              That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                              Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                              Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Originally posted by Kassiopeia

Hydro is, AFAIK, focused on attacking single targets, so I can see where you're coming from. I am probably going to go Pyro for the better part of the PvE part while unlocking hydro simultaniously (my 2ndary will not be a prof that needs more unlocking so I need not spend points on any more 2ndary skills than the ones I need).
                                No, air is single target dmg, water has support skills with some single target dmg. Most of the skills have slowing, which is next to useless for PvE. For other skills blurred vision isn't as good as ward v melee (but then not much is) and maelstrom is a poor man's domination skill. The elites suck too, though mist form is nice for some farming builds.

Water can be nice for PvP when you need good slowing skils, but it's just not that good for PvE.

Comment

Working...
                                X