No announcement yet.

New Simcity 4 RH game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Try and use the config.bmp and kitakyushu2.jpg i put in the folder to make the map yourself from scratch, as a last ditch effort.
    Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
    CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
    One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

• Or, just to try it, I could send you the entire region (with cities in there) in one giant RAR file, if your email account has enough room for it (14.7 MB).

Comment

• Originally posted by Maquiladora
        Try and use the config.bmp and kitakyushu2.jpg i put in the folder to make the map yourself from scratch, as a last ditch effort.
        No dice, still says the bitmap is the wrong size.

You're welcome to try that Jonny, but I don't think it's going to make a difference; I'm certain I've got the folder exactly the way it should be. umopus@yahoo.com

I think I'll just have to pass.

"My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Did you install the patch? SimCity 4.exe version should be 1.1.638.0
          Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
          CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
          One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

• I've sent you the region, email subject "Poly Simcity game".

Comment

• Press Release
              -----------------------------------------------
              OHNOE-
              Critical acclaim and censorship for indie disaster movie

Those who've visisted Ohnoe in the past are probably well aware of the town's many toll booths, to say nothing of the death camps to which those unable to afford the tolls are dragged to.
              Well, the tables have turned in the independent film "Death Toll", a two-hour disaster fest involving the destruction of dozens of Ohnoe tollbooths. Just hours after release, the film had already logged more downloads than there are citizens in Ohnoe.
              State film authorities have a markedly different opinion on the film, however. Death squads are already looking for the production crew. Dictator Blake's latest statement condemns "Death Toll" for inciting destruction of the dictator's property, as well as 25 instances of the city's name being used in vain.
              Attached Files
              Visit First Cultural Industries
              There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
              Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

• Originally posted by Maquiladora
                Did you install the patch? SimCity 4.exe version should be 1.1.638.0
                Yup. Up to date.
                "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• I'll play to 2015 tomorrow.

Comment

• Press Release
                    For Immediate Release
                    FLOREAT CITY-
                    SimNation Automotive Association Releases Regional Rankings

The Kitakyushu region office of the SimNation Automotive Association in Floreat City has released their current report on the state of the region's road infrastructure, and a ranking of the region's cities. The rankings were constructed from data gathered from a poll of local SNAA members and a telephone poll of local residents. The SNAA poll has found that locals feel that Tartarus has the best road infrastructure of any city in the region, citing its wide open freeways and avenues connecting the various parts of the city. Ohnoes came last place in the rankings.

Here's the full list:

1. Tartarus
                    Pros: High-capacity high-speed freeways and avenues, no tolls.
                    Cons: Some isolated areas of heavy traffic.

2. Hot Springs
                    Pros: Avenues connecting the different areas of the city, and not too much traffic overall. Toll free.
                    Cons: Again, just a few areas of congested traffic.

3. Glemshire
                    Pros: Least trafficked network of any city, long straight roads, easy to navigate system. Toll free.
                    Cons: Lack of any higher-capacity roads.

4. Silicon Beach
                    Pros: Light traffic loads, grid-based system easy to navigate.
                    Cons: Lack of any higher-capacity roads, tolls along some roads.

5. Floreat City
                    Pros: Avenue arterials connect the city, providing plenty of capacity. Newly built highway spur helps connect city to other parts of the region.
                    Cons: Lots of intersections and dense developement slow traffic. Toll bridge to Hot Springs and Takeshi Bay.

6. Takeshi Bay
                    Pros: Somewhat-grid-based system relatively easy to naviagate. Toll free.
                    Cons: Dense traffic loads. No wide roads. Two-lane bridges between sections act as bottlenecks to a certain extent.

7. Elmwood
                    Pros: Traffic is light.
                    Cons: Entire system is slow streets, as opposed to higher-capacity and speed roads. No bridges connecting parts of the city.

8. Oceana
                    Pros: Traffic is light, but for good reason.
                    Cons: Islands. Auto ferries are present, but they are slow. Only two of the islands are connected to the mainland. More bridges would be preferrable.

9. Ohnoes
                    Pros: None.
                    Cons: Everything. Lots of traffic on those roads that are connected to the regional system. Excessive tolls. Plenty of dead-end streets make naviagation difficult. The eastern three sections of the city are entirely cut off from each others' and the region's road systems.

Comment

• Here is Bubblevista '15, it's lot #12, next to Oceana, Ohnoes and Sillicon Beach.

R: 1362
                      C: 3295
                      I: 287

Bubblevista consists of a small downtown area with some residential areas and lots of farms beyond that.

The downtown area:

Some farms with a water treatment plant.
                      <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
                      Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

• Welcome to the Neighbourhood! I'll make it a priority to have a rail connection set up, and the avenue bulldozed, so that any of your Sims entering Ohnoes can be properly deliced! Lice can carry diseases and cause itching!

PS. Should the newcomers play the first 5 years, then download (atleast some) turn5 cities, play the next 5, download the turn10 cities and so on to experience the same boom-bust cycles and higher demand?

Comment

• Expect my 2015 city later tonight I'll be happy to DL and add as many cities every 5 years as I can.
                          Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

• I don't really think that it's a problem if they'd rather just download the most recent updates of everything and then play... that way the new cities would help balance the regional economy instead of enhancing the boom-bust cycle.

Comment

• It would certainly be easier for me if I didn't dl them and plop them down every 5 years.
                              Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

• About that boom-bust cycle...

Currently we all first play 5 years, and then import each other's saves. Then we all play with the same RCI demands and everytime overcompensate for it.

What if when we play we just import all available saves, and then play the 5 years? Make it more of a sequential turnbased game (without a strict turn order) instead the simulatenous turnbased system we're currently using.

The first few years those who play last would benefit from increased demand and faster city growrth, but after that we could less the cycles.
                                <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
                                Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

Working...
                                X