D2 1.10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D2 1.10

I recently got back into Diablo after a buddy of mine resurected it.

I was astonished at how powerful some of the old weak classes got. It used to be that paladins were all blessed hammer throwing clones. But now the Holy Freeze and Shock auras have become insanely powerful.

I made a character from a new account, so he's got practically no unique or set items, even now. But even so he's often the leader in his parties.

Anybody else gotten back into Diablo since 1.10?
    John Brown did nothing wrong.

I played 1.10 quite a bit when it was released.

Blessed Hammer Paladins are hands down the toughest class (due to nothing resisting pure magic dmg except for 3 enemies 2 of which are undead), followed by Javalin Amazons, and Frost Sorceresses. Ranged classes basically dominate in 1.10 while Melee class can't do anything due to how hard the enemies hit.

I managed to solo kill Baal in Hell, and solo the Diablo Clone many times. It's still D2 though. I got bored pretty fast.
    "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

Synergies made a big difference, I seem to come back to run a character through the hell cows every now and then.

Just finished a stint about 2 months ago. It is a great bashem game, but three levles of the same sites eventualy puts you to sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by BustaMike
        I played 1.10 quite a bit when it was released.

Blessed Hammer Paladins are hands down the toughest class (due to nothing resisting pure magic dmg except for 3 enemies 2 of which are undead), followed by Javalin Amazons, and Frost Sorceresses. Ranged classes basically dominate in 1.10 while Melee class can't do anything due to how hard the enemies hit.

I managed to solo kill Baal in Hell, and solo the Diablo Clone many times. It's still D2 though. I got bored pretty fast.
        1.10 is in Beta. It hasn't been released.

I just started again a few days ago.

ACK!
        Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

The synergies are allowing my pally to do about 2000 damage each hit with his holy shock, in addition to around 300 with his aura. It's great having a useful place to put all those later points.

My build, for those who care, is Sacrifice, Zeal, Lightning Resist, Holy Shock, and Salvation.
          John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

If I remember correctly, aren't Rakanishu and Mephisto the only non-random monsters that are resistant to lightning?
            I changed my signature

Comment

Blizzard still patching.

Comment

I made a pure healer (Paladin) when I originally played with 1.10. Thanks to the synergies, this build became efficient at last: I regenerated the mana and the life of my party fellows at no cost to my own mana, and the holy bolts cured my colleagues very well.

Melee characters, in particular, loved me. They could kill any opposition without fear of dying, as long as I wasn't attacked myself. A party around me was seriously more powerful tham without me. Unfortunately, very few of these people care for the supporting cast, and I rarely got any good item, save for the ones kind souls were feeling like giving to me.
                "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Just started a two handed axe barb with double swing and concentrate. He'll be a Frenzy barb which I have had lots of fun playing on bnet.
                  Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                  2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

This page has an interesting guide for a 1.10 enchantress. Having played one, I can tell you that melee types adore them.

Typical conversation -

Barb: what type of sorc r u?
                    Me: enchantress
                    Barb: sounds weak
                    Me: what's your melee damage?
                    Barb: *says large number*
                    Me: *casts enchant on barb* and now?
                    Barb: OMFG!!
                    There's no game in The Sims. It's not a game. It's like watching a tank of goldfishes and feed them occasionally. - Urban Ranger

Comment

Play Guild Wars instead!

Comment

Originally posted by Tuberski

I missed the joke?

Comment

It's not a joke. It's just not in final release.

ACK!
                          Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by Tuberski

I just started again a few days ago.

ACK!

Actually 1.10 (and 1.10b for Mac users) IS officially released. For more than a year.

There is a 1.10S patch that is rumored to be in beta. I've found conflicting info on whether it is indeed a NEW patch or just the beta version prior to the 1.10 official patch before it was released, though. I've found no official (Blizzard) word on it whatsoever.

IMO, you should go back and play 1.02. Back before they made Health Potions infinitely available at the vendors....
                            Last edited by UnOrthOdOx; June 23, 2005, 13:35.
                            One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
                            You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

2003 it was released, that sounds fairly final to me. It must qualify for the longest beta in RPG history.

Comment

Working...
                              X