No announcement yet.

best star wars game? (nominations)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dead Rancor on Dathomir. I asked my hunting party to group together so I could take a screenshot. It took about 5 or 6 of us to take that thing down with extra help from our droids and some pets. That cat-thing in the left corner is someone's pet they had attack the rancor. The rancor went after the cat thing while we shot it, and some pikemen stabbed it. That was fun.
    Attached Files
    Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
    Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
    *****Citizen of the Hive****
    "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

Me about to get killed by a rancor. I was yelling for help but everyone else couldn't do anything. The rancor charged me for some reason and killed me in one-hit. Again, I apologize for the bad graphics...but I turned down everything so it could run on my comp. And trying to take a screen pic while you're trying to not get killed by running away is harder than it sounds.
      Attached Files
      Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically

Comment

That last one in particular looks like some kind of nightmarish modern art.
        1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
        That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
        Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
        Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Thanks for the stories and the pictures! Seems like a good game...

Carolus

Comment

Originally posted by Frankychan

Me farting around on a volcano on Lok...some bigshot NPC gangster was there
            And the handwaving took care of him?

Carolus

Comment

Rebellion, easily.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Oh, I kill me!

Seriously, though...

Originally posted by Stuie
              Tie Fighter. No contest.
              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov
                Rebellion, easily.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Oh, I kill me!

Seriously, though...

I got sucked into it for 10 hours yesterday!!(Rebellion/Supremacy).

I've tried to really get into it soooo many times - i look at the CD and game manual and think to myself, 'well its a strat game, with lots of Star Wars content - maybe this time i'll get into it?....'

Still yesterday was about the tenth time i've fallen to the darkside and decided to give it another go. I enjoyed it!

I was even getting my head around the super micro-management it becomes when you have around +20 planets to control - i'm sure you could see veins on my temples expanding as i was trying hard not to forget all i needed to do(i never bother with the droid help - they suck!).

It was a bit like meditation - i had so much to think about, i sort of broke through the pain barrier to a higher plane of existence or something!

Anyway i plan to use it when i'm a having a much needed break from some of X-wings tough levels

Oh and its not TBS as i stated earlier Still who can play on anyting other than 'very slow' speed settings? It just goes ballistic if you try faster speed settings I think that would really give you a brain blow-out.
                'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

I usually sped things up when I was constructing a Super Star Destroyer or Death Star.

I basically ignored all the messages unless they said something about one of my people, or about any of the worlds under my command...but I usually keep a large garrison on every Imperial world to keep the local populace in line.

Comment

sometimes i find 'very slow' too fast! Still i guess it betrays my tbs background. I like to action ALL messages(or atleast read them and delete) - else i worry i've missed something important.

The 'pause' feature is annoying, in that you cant access any other screens while paused. I would have liked a psuedo-tbs type game.

my god - i actualy seem to be enjoying talking about Rebellion! Why now? after so many attempts? I'll stop now and go get help.

sorry.
                    'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Nothing wrong with liking Rebellion/Supremacy!

Welcome to the club
                      signature not visible until patch comes out.

Comment

I'm almost tempted to re-install Rebellion.

Does it work with XP?

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
                          I'm almost tempted to re-install Rebellion.

Does it work with XP?
                          That's what I'm currently running it on. No problems for me and XP.
                          signature not visible until patch comes out.

Comment

KOTOR and Shadows of the Empire were really nice.

Podracer was really immersive.

We should do it by system.

xbox-KOTOR
                            64-Shadows of the Empire
                            ???????
                            Lysistrata: It comes down to this: Only we women can save Greece.
                            Kalonike: Only we women? Poor Greece!

Comment

KOTOR is the bomb.

KOTOR 2....kind of buggy. Come on....the HK Factory mission you can't complete. Although you can admit that the time constraint by LucasArts for K2 was a lot different for K2 than the original one.

RPG wise---->KOTOR

Action-wise---->Battlegrounds.

I just like walking around Hoth in an AT-AT..........but all this talk about X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter makes me wanna play those games again.

But my friend said that the flight simulator division of L.A. probably tanked because of the market for FPS's and 3rd person PS's...but you never know.........

(hoping I can fly a TIE Defender again....)

Comment

Working...
                              X