No announcement yet.

FG: Nascar IX: Pit Stop Part II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same here, I should be heading south. Also the text should say me and Jonny.
    We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

Originally posted by vovan
      Duuuude! Look at the first post after the last update!

Oops my mistake. Sorry!!

Sent

/me

Edit: Looks like something screwed up on the track ahead. On the turns before the sandbag alley, the track has changed, perhaps this can be edited before we get there
      "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

All fixed, I hope.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Order Sent.
          XBox Live: VovanSim
          xbox.com (login required)
          Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
          Spore page

Comment

Sent.
            Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

My queue is good, except it is labeled turn 38 for this turn.

/me didn't notice the turn number duplication when the queue was sent in....

Comment

Just something else to confuse me.
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Hmm... quite a bonus for vovan getting the extra left.
                  We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

It was a tough call on my part. Traditionally the person is placed back on the track not pointed so his next move is off the track. SO I had to place him facing NE. But realizing the benefit, I removed a WC. If it had looked preplanned from a few turns ago, I would have given him a lost turn. But it was the result of a mistake make just the previous turn forcing him to leave the track on one of his next two turns in a turn that he could have easily made. It became unavoidable. Based on previous experience leaving the track he submitted those orders. The only way I could levee a bigger penalty was if I thought it was intentional running off to take advantage. I could not make that call based on what happened, He screwed up and was trying to minimize the outcome. If he could have burned his last two WC to make the turn........I would have forced him to do so.

I will have to consider how to handle this type of occurance in the future. I always thought it would be clear cut when a person went off if it was preplanned or just stupidity. Here it was stupidity, but he figured out a way to minimize the damage. Taking only on WC away seems like just a slap on the wrist, but technically I shouldn't even have done that. But I do reserve judgement.
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Yes, I agree, he should have been able to stay on this turn and went off next turn, or took his luck with the oil, either way his spped would have taken him further off the track, resulting in a larger penalty than he got this turn.

I was going to suggest that his first move for the next turn should be an L to get the NE heading. He is free and clear at this point and it will be hard to catch him.

Comment

He would go off the track the next turn if I had kept him facing east. which is why the rule is the way it is. He decided to go off the track one square vs more in other options. You can't tell a person he has to take a worse option.

His situation is still worse than if he had been paying attention and made the turn like he should have. I have warned every other person when they made orders that I though were in error and would carry they off the track on that or the next turn. In the third lap, I decided not to. So you might say I did what I could to keep it as close as possible.

That's what you faced anyway. Now his top speed is lower so if there's any chance, it's a chance. He still will be slowed down by sand trap alley with no way to build extra speed prior.

Rub of the green as they say.

But actually I wanted a turbo or a perfomance car to win to show that SWAY wasn't supreme, so get your ass moving.
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by rah
                          But actually I wanted a turbo or a perfomance car to win to show that SWAY wasn't supreme, so get your ass moving.

Don't hold your breath on that one

/me
                          "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

TURN 37

Code:
                                                  *O*        **O  
                                                 ***         *O* 
                                                O**          *** 
                                                ***          **O*   
                                                **O           ****
                                                ***              ==== end alley  
                                                ***               *xx* 16 
                                                ***                *Sx* 15 
                                              *******               *SxS 14 
                                              *******                *SSx 13 
                                              *******                 *xSx 12 
                                              *******                  SSxS 11 
                                              *******                   xSSx 10
                                              *******                    SSxS 9 
                                              ********                    SxSx 8 
                                              *********                    xSSS 7  
                                              **********                    SxSS 6 
                                              ******* ***                    SSxS 5
                                              ***5***  **                     xSSx 4 
                                              *******  ##-speed limit          SSxS 3   
                                              *******  **     6                 SSSx 2
                                              *******  **                        xSSx 1 
                                              *******  **                         ====  start
                                              *******  *2                     ***O****   sandtrap
                                              *******  PP-pit stop           ********     alley
                                              *******  **  marker           ********   
                                  finish line ==3====  **                  ***  
                                              *******  4*               *** 
                                              *******  ##-end limit    **O 
                                              ****        *O7
                                                  ***     **O
                                                   O**     ***
                                             A=6,1   *A*    ***

MAX=Max speed
                            Cust=Sway(S) or Turbo(T) or Performance (P)

CAR   DRIVER           DIRECTION  SPEED  WC    MAX  CUST  ORDERS
                            ***   *************       ***      ***   **     **  ****  **********
                             1.   Spaced Cowboy        SE       7     3     20  turb  MML(4M)BB 
                             2.   Kassiopeia            S       6     1     14  turb  BBR(5M)
                             3.   Sparrowhawk           S       9     4      9  perf  M9
                             4.   gjramsey              S       5     2     21  turb  A(M5)
                             5.   Tuberski              S      11     3     12  sway  AMMMMMMMMMMM
                             6.   Jonny                SE       8     4     13  sway  (m1)L(m5)A
                             7.   Vovan                NE      12     1     12  sway  L(4M)L(2M)(2R)(2M)
                            Vovan gets around the turn and stays at top speed.
                            Jonny and Spaced don't help themselves by bumping. The oil will make it harder for those behind.
                            Sparrow continues to creep along.
                            GJ comes out of the pit
                            Kassi gets ready to recharge
                            TUBER is getting up to speed.

Now accepting orders for turn 38.
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

RL(4M)
                              Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Here I come puttering out of the pits! queue is golden.

as if I didn't have enough issues with WCs, now there is more of that darned oil all over the place.

Comment

Working...
                                X