No announcement yet.

FG: Nascar IX: Pit Stop Part II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nascar 1 was a huge oval track designed by me....not even showing up in the post log.

BTW Rah, what happens to the old posts...I thought there was an archive. Anyway, this forum only goes back to 1-2004

I also like the crash rule, BTW.
    We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

• For snoopy, all the previous races:
      Nascar IX: Pit Stop (Part 2)
      NASCAR VIII: NFS Underground II Edition
      Nascar VII
      Nascar VI: "Hot Wheels"
      Nascar V (Curve City)
      Nascar IV
      Nascar III
      Nascar II
      Nascar 'poly'

And the precursor, Formula racing games:
      Formula 3 - Apolyton (Part 2)
      Formula 2 - Apolyton
      Formula 1 - Apolyton (aka Yet Another Forum Game)

I find the title for Formula 1 particularly amusing: who would have thought that people were already complaining about FG proliferation back in 2003? 'Twas before GO and Society (and HANGMAN!!! ), etc... (though that was admittedly a time for experimentation, when such flops as Football, Soccer, and Baseball made their appearances.)

Comment

• IF i wasn't so lazy, I'd go back and put together a record of the winners and GMs for each race.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• I'm doing that as we speak, and will put it in the topped thread soon.

Comment

• to Jonny for the impressive summary of races, racers, winners and GM's. Edit: If I wasn't so impressed I might ask that you also add the first part of this race to the links, but you have done such a great job already I wouldn't think of even bringing it up !! Wow you got that too!!

And as for Vovan, well done as well, must be something about Rookie drivers (though there is a "voan" listed in Formula 1 - Race 1, is that Vovan??), didn't Kassiopeia also win his rookie race?

Looking over the list of racers reminded me of on of my favourite terms from any forum game "doing a Chaunk" . I was tempted in our current game to do the same, I just couldn't build up enough speed

/me
            "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• I see what the problem was on the oval track ... and it's really quite different from what i'm imagining. I'm imagining a much shorter track, which is much less wide, not a Talladega like Spaced's (tho the actual Talladega is sort of a cool shape ...), but more of a Bristol motor speedway ... But definitely faster speeds - fast enough that you have to brake - and perhaps also more WCs available (maybe use 3 max B and A per turn instead of 2 ...)
              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparrowhawk
                to Jonny for the impressive summary of races, racers, winners and GM's. Edit: If I wasn't so impressed I might ask that you also add the first part of this race to the links, but you have done such a great job already I wouldn't think of even bringing it up !! Wow you got that too!!

And as for Vovan, well done as well, must be something about Rookie drivers (though there is a "voan" listed in Formula 1 - Race 1, is that Vovan??), didn't Kassiopeia also win his rookie race?

Looking over the list of racers reminded me of on of my favourite terms from any forum game "doing a Chaunk" . I was tempted in our current game to do the same, I just couldn't build up enough speed

* Sparrowhawk
                Well, so much for feeling good about fourth place...........

ACK!
                Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• So VOVAN, when can we expect the next track?
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by rah
                    So VOVAN, when can we expect the next track?
                    Apparently I'm not the only one that noticed that "someone" got very, very quiet all of the sudden.
                    We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

• If worst comes to worst, I've won enough races that I wouldn't mind trying to perfect the last experience.
                      I don't think it needs too many tweaks. Using a few more turns that don't require two WCs and perfect timing would empower the turbo option a bit.

BUT I would prefer to race.............. It's been awhile thanks to my knack for designing races that take too long.
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Hmmm, Vovan's last post in this thread was last Friday
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• If he doesn't come in to claim the winner's prize, does Jonny get the win?

Comment

• I thought he posted somewhere that he was going to have limited access for a short bit.

If we don't hear from him soon, I'll prepare another track, now that I seen a summary and how many races I've won.
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by rah
                              I thought he posted somewhere that he was going to have limited access for a short bit.

If we don't hear from him soon, I'll prepare another track, now that I seen a summary and how many races I've won.

If you prefer to race, I could design a track, be it road track or oval at you all's preference - I wouldn't mind a second game of watching (and seeing everyone's orders in realtime! ) before I sit behind the wheel...

In terms of road courses, I was thinking one with instead of a huge long sandtrap like this one, with 2 or 3 different 5-8 square long sandtraps, with 'better' and 'worse' but not perfect ways through any of them ... and perhaps a slightly smaller track overall, maybe 30% shorter, either with 3 or 4 laps? Thus increasing the bonus to pitting early for the turbo folks (and getting a higher max speed)?
                              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Thats the problem with a short track and turbo, you can never get up to the speed.

Comment

Working...
                                X