FG: Nascar IX: Pit Stop Part II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AALM(L+1)(9M)
    Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

• I don't feel to bad about a 4th place finish.

ACK!
      Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• And the checkered flag falls.

Official order of finish.

1. VOVAN
        2. Jonny
        3. Spaced Cowboy
        4. Tuberski
        5. gjramsey (due to speed differential)
        6. Sparrowhawk
        7. Kassiopeia

Now on to discussions for the next race. A few rules need to be tightened up. Is VOVAN going to host the next one so I can get back in the driver's seat.

Should we discuss scoring.

I would propose going back to a speed penalty for crashes. (just one on the speed) to throw off planned runs.

Can you accelerate past your max speed at the end of your turn if you know you're hitting sand. (i vote no)

Are we going to keep the Pit feature and should any mods be made?

Is there any other way to beef up the turbo option to make it more attractive, or is that going to have to be a feature of the track?

Going off the track rules?

or anything else that may have pissed you off.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• And any feedback on the pit stop and it's rules, since that was my baby this time.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• rah, there's a spam thread in this forum (gmail question) could you get rid of it?

I reported it a while ago but nothing happened.

Comment

• Seems like Turbos should not be resitricted in the pits (helping the turbos). Why do the pits need resitrictions anyway? Are you telling me that real racers do not accellerate hard out of the pits and correspondingly brake hard into them?

Off the track rules need adjustment. More more of a penalty is needed.
              We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

• I liked the pit stop. I adds a new dimension to the race that we have not had before.

Scoring is a grand idea, IMO.

Going off track is something that needs work. I we have no walls, do we give a major speed penalty to each spot off, and then have the driver get back on the track the next turn, or else (to be determined). If we have walls, what kind of damage needs to be applied to the vehicle for smacking (or RAMing, if you perfer) the wall?

Comment

• Spaced, real racers do have a speed limit in the pit area. I think NASCAR is 60 mph between two certain spots in the pit area, with a stop and go penalty if caught speeding.

oh, and good track and good racing Congrats to Vovan for the W!

Comment

• I don't have an issue with the limit, that is fine. My issue is with the restriction of special powers.
                    We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

• yes, removing the special powers in the pits might help. But is that enough? The turbo cars did not perform that well on this track. sand trap alley was supposed to be an advantage for turbo. It was, but not enough. The long straightaways were too, but couldn't be taken advantage enough due to the tight turn #1. The last turn wasn't bad.
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                        rah, there's a spam thread in this forum (gmail question) could you get rid of it?

I reported it a while ago but nothing happened.
                        Reporting it was a problem since they changed the e-mail system I was unable to access them for a bit. (most mods were locked out) When they finally corrected it, i had 2000 backlogged and didn't go through them very carfully.

I deleted the thread.
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by rah
                          sand trap alley was supposed to be an advantage for turbo. It was, but not enough.
                          Sand trap was greatly hindered by having too many sand bags and not having a clear path through. Both would have helped the Turbo cars unless the clear path required many turns, in which case having a clear path would have still given the advantage to the Swaybars.

I was cursing early my choice of "Performance Package" as after the first half dozen turns using a wildcard to accelerate was no longer an option (partially because I kept exceeding my max speed....for reasons best not brought up now ) and partially because I needed the wildcards (even with the extra) for the corners. I think that if you allow a bonus to the Sway and Turbo through the pits, you need to also give a wild card bonus to the performance package when going through the pitts (and any way we do it..........Pitts= ).

On the topic of accelerating if you know you are going to hit sand, I think accelerating should be allowed if you know your speed is going to be below your top speed by that point.

On the topic of going off track, I preferred the walls of the last race, but then again I also liked the grass option of the last race If we don't have walls, I don't know how to decide, it seems that either way there is a potential for abuse (who really knows what is intentional and what is accidental).

By the way Snoopy has suggested an oval track, someone might want to introduce him to the link to Nascar Game #1 and he can see how an oval worked last time (though I think the game is still going on, with Skanky having lapped all the racers by now ).

That's enough of my views for now

/me

Edit: by the way, I am very much in favour of Rah's mid race change to crashing cars occupying the same space, giving neither car an advantage or disadvantage because of the crash. I also like crashes creating oil slicks with no pre-placed oil)
                          "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• I don't think you can find nascar race #1 anymore ... at least i tried to find it and failed (I think i could find back to #5 or so?). That's including any thread I can find using search, or at least my limited knowledge of such ...

I think oval could work well, if done right. More than likely with a lot more speed than you see here (say a track with 20 long sides and 8 wide top/bottom, at the 'rectangle' points, which would take something like 50 total movepoints to traverse including turns, give or take, and you have a max speed of 30 to start and a starting speed of 20. And some algorithm for determining crashes (let's say I do the 'turn' in batches of 5 or so, or even 1, although that might be slow for me, but i'm not sure how bad that really would be) so you had more crashes ...

Not sure if it would work, and undoubtedly i'd be retracing steps taken years ago - but I tried and failed to find those steps
                            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Are you going to join the next race. You should have the rules figured out by now. The more racers the merrier.
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Yes
                                <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                                I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Working...
                                X