FG: Galactic Overlord 8, Part 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by snoopy369

Previously, bases were given by posting in the thread, just after the turn. If you revert back to this mechanism you will avoid all ambiguities.
    Why is it particularly relevant? A player with no fleet and one CB is worthless anyway - can't do anything for 8 turns, and during any one of those turns you only have to send 1 frigate to his planet to take it. Even if you sent eight bases that way, so what? No fleet, and it would take forever to have a meaningful fleet starting out from scratch ...

I like sending PMs to transfer bases, as a part of orders. It makes it part of the orders, as it should be; posting it in the thread means you can do it as a result of what you know happens, which is against the theory of this game as far as i'm concerned (having to make decisions based on incomplete information). [/QUOTE]

Yes, we must stick with the basic premise that ships travel faster than communications.
    1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
    That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
    Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
    Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamski
      Yes, we must stick with the basic premise that ships travel faster than communications.
      Impossible.
      At the very least information should travel as fast as the ship which carries the information.
      He who knows others is wise.
      He who knows himself is enlightened.
      -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• Historians are now banned in our empire. Except those who report our version of the truth, of course.
        oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

• Originally posted by Vlad Antlerkov
          Historians are now banned in our empire. Except those who report our version of the truth, of course.
          Nah, it's more fun to have them at each others' throats. Then they don't spend any time actually attacking you
          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Originally posted by GeoModder

Impossible.
            At the very least information should travel as fast as the ship which carries the information.
            You missed an important three letters there.

At the very least misinformation should travel as fast as the ship which carries [ it ].

Comment

Nah, it's more fun to have them at each others' throats. Then they don't spend any time actually attacking you
              You've just given me a great idea: make some of the ninjas and some of the monkeys into historians. Then have them fight to the death. I mean, we've got an infinite number of both, so it won't put a dent in anything.

Comment

• Orders in.
                /me feels forgotten.
                I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

• The problem with a 1-base, no-ships player is that they can be used as a client state that cranks out spies to cause large scale immobilization.

No historians?

Well, our economists report the following data on the RICHEST Overlords of the Galaxy

Top bracket

The Disgustingly Rich Lord Vetko
                  Income: 50 BPs (Pillaging and Looting)

The Filthy Rich Mr. Y
                  Income: 43 BPs (Offshore bank accounts)

The Moneyed Colony I
                  Income: 39 BPs (Phone phreaking)

Upper middle bracket

Min Grah
                  Income: 31 BPs (Bribes)

Polly Siffan
                  Income: 31 BPs (Dotcom stock options)

Kit Chuss
                  Income: 31 BPs (Communist accounting)

Lower middle bracket

Senator Danq
                  Income: 25 BPs (Pork barrel contracts)

Agath Agathari
                  Income: 25 BPs (Religious membership fees)

Lower bracket

Ken Banobi
                  Income: 16 BPs (Sale of indulgences)

Zol Ventis
                  Income: 15 BPs (Sources unknown)

Ivan von Kristof
                  Income: 13 BPs (Street taxes)

Welfare

General Ordin
                  Income: 2 BPs (Military pension)

Basileus Naviwinat
                  Income: 2 BPs (Interest on the Imperial Treasury)
                  Visit First Cultural Industries
                  There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                  Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

• I think all base trading should be banned.
                    ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

• Originally posted by Smiley
                      The problem with a 1-base, no-ships player is that they can be used as a client state that cranks out spies to cause large scale immobilization.
                      So you send a single frigate at them ... no big deal

Comment

• Originally posted by Smiley

Ivan von Kristof
                        Income: 13 BPs (Street taxes)
                        Eh, you take money any way you can get it. We're working on marketing a new line of children's books, the "Curious Georges" series, using some of our extra monkeys. We're starting with "The Curious Georges Write Hamlet" and "The Curious Georges Crap All Over the Typewriter" and working from there. Our marketing managers assure us that it will be a huge success.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vlad Antlerkov

Eh, you take money any way you can get it. We're working on marketing a new line of children's books, the "Curious Georges" series, using some of our extra monkeys. We're starting with "The Curious Georges Write Hamlet" and "The Curious Georges Crap All Over the Typewriter" and working from there. Our marketing managers assure us that it will be a huge success.
                          We will happily provide financial backing for such an endeavour. ROI on such a project would be very high ... especially in the world we now live in, with such short life expectancy ... Kids are the future, and in this case we mean it literally

Comment

• BREAKING NEWS--

LORD VETKO HAS OFFICIALLY ANNOUNCED THAT ALL CITIZENS FROM THE EVIL EMPIRES OF MIN GRAH, AND BASILEUS NAVIWINAT ARE BEING EXPELLED FROM THE GREAT REPUBLIC. THE GLORIOUS LORD VETKO HAS ALLOWED THE CITIZENS OF THE TWO EVIL EMPIRES ONE MONTH TO LEAVE, AND IF CAUGHT AFTER THE ONE MONTH, WILL BE IMPRISONED. THAT IS ALL.

(More news shall follow)

Comment

You missed an important three letters there.
                              You deliberately puts my response completely out of context.

Why? WHY!? What have I ever done to you to deserve this.
                              -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• Originally posted by Lord Nuclear
                                BREAKING NEWS--

LORD VETKO HAS OFFICIALLY ANNOUNCED THAT ALL CITIZENS FROM THE EVIL EMPIRES OF MIN GRAH, AND BASILEUS NAVIWINAT ARE BEING EXPELLED FROM THE GREAT REPUBLIC. THE GLORIOUS LORD VETKO HAS ALLOWED THE CITIZENS OF THE TWO EVIL EMPIRES ONE MONTH TO LEAVE, AND IF CAUGHT AFTER THE ONE MONTH, WILL BE IMPRISONED. THAT IS ALL.

(More news shall follow)

I was never a part of the 'great republic' in the first place.
                                -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Working...
                                X