No announcement yet.

FG: Galactic Overlord 8, Part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uh, similey, what about my attack? Was it not processed because you can't bunch up one ship? I though I'd get a random OOB than.

Comment

• You can bunch up one ship.

Comment

• He has previously ruled (against me ) that you can't.

...and sent.
        ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

• wait...reads rules
          * Bunch Together - Your ships huddle together to protect each other from Fighters, but are more vulnerable to the large explosions of Torpedoes. Attacks with Fighters against Bunched Together fleets are at x0.5, while Torpedoes get x2.
          * Spread Out - Your ships spread out, making the fleet hard to target with Torpedoes, while leaving individual ships vulnerable to Fighters. Attacks with Fighters against Spread Out fleets are at x2, while Torpedoes get x0.5

Default is no special orders. These orders can be used even when sending out a single ship.
          I demand to see results of my attack. (sure it probably does nothing, but it'd be fun and merely legal)

Comment

• Which makes no logical sense...

I support Smiley's ruling on the field.
            ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

• MORON-

I'm the moron here, I forgot to enter in the target in the spreadsheet whn I read your orders, thus I never processed the attack. Fortunately it seems the only result of it would have been the rather quick destruction of your cruiser, as Kass did have some ships at home. Chalk it up to a spatial anomaly.

& no, you can't bunch up a single ship. I was the first to attempt such a thing a few games ago and the GM of the time later ruled against it after we started discussing the whole illogicality of it.
              Visit First Cultural Industries
              There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
              Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

• When I was the GM you could bunch up a single ship despite it being illogical. It must have been some GM from the past so we can call that ruling a spatial anomaly.

However, if you wish to change this insignificant rule, please amend the rules on the first page please.

Comment

• bah probing attacks just don't cut it any more in the age of allied attacks.....

Comment

• Probing attacks are only good in the first few rounds at the most.

But done right, they are devastating.
                    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

• hey, of all the probing attacks send everywhere, none worked this game.

Though for some reason people like to send me frigates for munching.

Comment

• 5/15, with a day and a half to go.
                        Visit First Cultural Industries
                        There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                        Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

• Originally posted by joncha
                          Which makes no logical sense...

I support Smiley's ruling on the field.
                          If it's in the rules there is no call for GM ruling. The rules should be followed and a discussion can take place as to the future rules.

Comment

• Orders sended
                            1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                            That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                            Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                            Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

• NEW orders sended, disregard previous.

-Jam
                              1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                              That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                              Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                              Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

• Sent.
                                Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Working...
                                X