Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LucasArts makes baby Jesus cry... AGAIN

Mother****ers.

As if I needed more proof that there is no just and loving god in the universe.

Sam & Max 2 put to sleep for good
    Negotiations between Bad Brain and LucasArts discontinued

In the last couple of months, rumors on the possible resurrection of LucasArts' Sam & Max: Freelance Police grew in gaming circles. The rumors mentioned a new, mysterious games publisher called Bad Brain that was willing to raise money in order to buy the rights to an unnamed adventure game from LucasArts. Wolfgang Kierdorf, Bad Brain's CEO, stated that "yes, we are talking to LucasArts about a game that might involve animals, but that's all folks!", successfully gaining the attention of the games press at large.

Many thought this was too good to be true. Unfortunately, they were proven right, as Bad Brain today brings the news that negotiations between them and LucasArts over the rights to Sam & Max 2 have been discontinued.

"We tried everything to bring you the game you all wanted. But it seems all hope has gone. They broke off negotiations. But you truly have to believe that it wasn't our fault and it sure wasn't the money. We just don't know and they don't tell", is the message found on Bad Brain's website.

LucasArts has not commented, but it seems that Kierdorf's surprisingly open attitude during the negotiations — which he admitted were protected by a non-disclosure agreement — may have led to the break-off.
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Lucas Arts has gone way down hill. To much diddling over Ewoks.

Comment

Full Throttle was pretty good.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

They have fallen a long way from Monkey Island 1 and 2.
        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Some people over at Mixnmojo think it was all some sort of publicity stunt by Bad Brain. Not sure myself.
          Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
          Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

ahhh, Rescue on Fractulas.....The Eidolon.....Monkey Island.....Xwing......Jedi Knight........anymore after that?

Lucasart were certainly great game makers once upon a time

tis a shame.....still Starwars used to be a great trilogy......so maybe its not by accident?
            'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
              They have fallen a long way from Monkey Island 1 and 2.
              Well, actually, #3 was the best in that saga.

And yes, this SUCKS. S&M provided many a laugh-filled evening when I was in college and should have been studying.

Erm, by "S&M" I mean Sam & Max, of course...
              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

cough......of course you do!
                'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Naturally, otherwise it would have been a scream
                  To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
                  H.Poincaré

Comment

A sad day for gaming.

Comment

Anymore after that?

How about Full Throttle?
                      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
                        Anymore after that?

How about Full Throttle?
                        didn't they cancel Full Throttle 2, too?
                        Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
                        ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Comment

AFAIK they did.

Comment

Working...
                          X