Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Galactic Overlord 7- Enhanced Graphics Edition (Part 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I pay my respects to Jonny.

He saved my bacon.
    On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

The decision is as follows:

Ships are removed in the order of the OoB, starting from the round currently fighting.

Thus if fighters are exhausted and torpedoes are next in the OoB, they get killed.

And here's the start of the Atragon- Lord Nuclear war. You got to hand this Atragon guy some credit for taking on a fleet three times his size.
      Attached Files
      Visit First Cultural Industries
      There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
      Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

The next round is devastating, as Atragon's lasers shred Lord Nuclear's carriers, taking out some torpedo ships as well.

Already, Atragon has destroyed around twice his tonnage in enemy shipping. He is however now out of ammunition.
        Attached Files
        There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
        Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Lord Nuclear strikes back, sending torpedoes. Atragon has nothing to answer with.
          Attached Files

Comment

Free to take potshots, Lord Nuclear blasts away at Atragon's surprisingly resilient fleet.
            Attached Files

Comment

After some idling as both Overlords wondered where their planes had gone, Lord Nuclear delivered the coup de grace with a torpedo launch on Atragon's personal command ship.

Lord Nuclear was victorious, somehow, despite having taken twice the casualties.
              Attached Files

Comment

@ Atragon for putting up one hell of a fight.
                Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Good job Atragon.

Comment

Galactic production dropped once again this turn, and for the first time as well, so did the total tonnage of the fleets in the galaxy.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Orders due noon Pacific time on the 26th.

Code:
                      7.5 DISPLAY	BASES			TONNAGE		
                      		H	C	BPs	L	F	T
                      DrSpike			2	23	3		
                      Gamecube64	3		15	28	6	29
                      Hercules	4	6	32	40	36	32
                      Joncha		3	8	30	30	27	12
                      Ljube-ljcvetko		7	20		12	30
                      Lord Nuclear	4	8	35	28		28
                      Paddy the Scot		7	20	4	28	31
                      Sandman		3		45			
                      Skanky Burns	1	5	21	11	9	9
                      Spaced Cowboy	4		21	63	32	

22	43	262	207	150	171

Comment

There goes my chances of winning.

Comment

Well, I'd hoped LN was going to attack someone. And my attack was pretty much do-or-die since I knew Paddy and Ljube would be out for blood... Too bad it wound up being die.

To be honest, I could have attacked a weaker overlord, but *shrug* I felt like going for the gold.

Comment

Re: Distribution of Hits

Hits are distributed first by the size of the ship, and then by the OoB.

If the OoB were for example LFT ships would be destroyed in the following order

Laserfrigates
                            Fighterfrigates
                            Torpedofrigates
                            Lasercruisers
                            Fightercruisers
                            Torpedocruisers
                            Laserbattleships...

etc...

Even if the OoB were LFF-LTT any Torpedofrigates would be destroyed before a single Lasercruiser.

Explanation of the Mechanic

1.) Fluff reason : Smaller ships have less shields and armour and are the first ones to die in any encounter.

2.) Balance reason : Encourages the building of bigger ships in order to better enjoy allied attacks with an ally with smaller ships

Hits to be applied and casualties taken either after each round, after each set of 3 rounds, or after the full 6-round combat, at the GM's discrection. All three methods have been used by different GMs depending how much math they wanted to do.

Thus is the way of the Galactic Overlords.

-Jam
                            1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                            That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                            Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                            Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

The rationale behind my version of the mechanic used in the Atra-Nuclear battle:

LFT-LFT, 2nd round, Nuclear takes 114 hits

Order of death:
                              FF, FC, FB, FD, FT
                              TF, TC, TB, TD, TT
                              LF, LC, LB, LD, LT

1) Ships that are actively engaging in combat are most likely to get damaged.

2) The next type of ship in the OoB would also be the closest to the front lines.

Jamski's version is very interesting though, it allows for some creative strategies in fleet composition. Want your lasers to take the hits after the first three fights so your torpedoes will stay alive to shoot in the second half? Make 'em all frigates.

For this game though we will continue using the past methods.

Comment

Jam, we voted on this issue and the decision was:

Hits are distributed first by OoB, and then by the size of the ship.

If the OoB were for example LFT ships would be destroyed in the following order

Laserfrigates
                                Lasercruisers
                                Laserbattleships
                                Laserdreadnaughts
                                Lasertitans
                                Fighterfrigates...

etc...

Comment

Working...
                                X