FG: Mafia 30: Mental Mafia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rah
    ...that was one of the most fun one because everyone got to act like they were crazy.
    You were acting????
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Good game! And you were not bad at all, Kass. I didn't get it before the others understood it. It must mean that this was clues made by a genious.
      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

• another trick is to have real long stories with many obscure facts.. If there's only a few sentences, people can focus, but when you write a novel, it's easier to hide things, or make people take it in the context of the story instead of a clue. Then when it's over, it's real fun because you can list 30 seemingly obvious clues that no one noticed. Last time I was the mafia there were over 20 blatant clues and I still survived to win.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• So I won my first game> ? Yay! I even got in on the docpile to take out both the mafias
          Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

• I realise that and did strive to write as lengthy verses as possible, but as you may have noticed, I have a tendency to GM at the most inopportune of times, when I have the least time I can dedicate to writing. And, no offence, writing lengthily for the purposes of a mere forum game isn't exactly my cup of tea, mostly because I always try to do the best I can in everything (ironic isn't it) and I prefer short, remotely coherent stuff over long rambling - and I could be writing actual fiction with the time instead of Mafia... you get the point. Mayhaps this just isn't my forte.
            Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

• This requires a lot of time and effort that aren't always appreciated. My hat goes off to all who take up the challange. And this one was quite entertaining.
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• I think I'm going to not promise that I'll GM a certain game (like I did this time). Instead, I'll start working on a new story for a Mafia game, but I won't GM until I'm remotely happy with the story I've created.

As far as writing goes it'll be an interesting task (you have to conform to the decisions of the voters, etc.), and I'm thinking that maybe those of us who have experience in GMing or are interested in it could discuss the matter in a dedicated workshop thread (maybe in Stories/Fiction or just plain here). I'd like to try to structuralize and formalize the process so that anyone interested can hop in and have a go at it.
                Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

• I think you did a good job Kass

and what was strange about my vote

Jon Miller
                  Jon Miller-
                  I AM.CANADIAN
                  GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• I think you did a good job Kassi. And I didn't think the clues to Lord Nuc were that obvious.
                    On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

• I'd evaluate my work as fine enough, but I could have done better, and it's that gap between "fine enough" and "best possible" that always irks me.

Edit: Oh, what comes to the clues, I'll give you a list of what *I* had in mind tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon Miller
                        I think you did a good job Kass

and what was strange about my vote

Jon Miller

Oh nothing.

Comment

• @ rah's vote for me.

It was such a fun Mafia, to play as if you had lost your mind.
                          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Kassiopeia- I think that for this game, the clues were good
                            -->Visit CGN!
                            -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

• I agree, the clues struck a nice balance between not being too easy but being decipherable with effort.

Comment

• Re: Mafia 30: Mental Mafia

Originally posted by Kassiopeia

He had suffered massive trauma to the region, and we can only surmise that it was burned with... something. We hadn't seen anything like this since the napalm burns in Vietnam, but something, that certain smell maybe, was missing.
                                The killing method of Lord Nuclear was radioactive radiation, hence the burns. How a madman pretending to be a doctor managed this is left as an exercise for the reader. The stuff about identity tags embedded inside the victims was a story device I decided not to use later on.

It's not like we can just call up the police and ask them to sort this out, not with the other incidents here lately like the one where a certain head of state was "feeling strange" had his head examined here and one of the patients managed to... oh, right, shouldn't be writing about that, yes.
                                This is probably my most obscure clue ever. The head of state was/is of course the most powerful spaced-out cowboy in the world, George W. Bush.

Originally posted by Kassiopeia
                                They have apparently organized themselves into some sort of democratic organ that elects by vote who they think is responsible for the murders. It is droll, after a morbid fashion.
                                Who is responsible for the murders? It is droll. Droll. Llord. Lord Nuclear.

/me stares at his feet

We're currently planning to herd them together, then slip some sedatives into their milk so that they'll doze off and we can tie them up to quell this little "uprising" of theirs.
                                Herd, milk, tie up, pretty obvious, I think Sparrowhawk got this one.

(This, as it happens, was when I started to have less time to devote to writing.)

We had to trace back our steps hastily into the building only after a short while of walking, though, because the building itself managed to scare the bejeezus out of us. Not only does it look mighty malformed and distorted in moonlight, it seemed to have this evil, glowing aura surrounding it.
                                Like poor scifi has shown us, radiation glows eerily in the dark.

ou will also be revenged, and my vengeance will be horrible and excruciating! I am already on the move - Hercules was the first on this renewed crusade, as I found the device used for the electrocutions. A beauty, a Siemens AZR-4200. Over 50 years old and still working like nothing.. Maybe fashion it into a prod of some kind. Heh. Heh heh. Now Hercules' charred flesh stains the floor of one of the operation theaters.
                                "Siemens AZR-4200" was a blatant red herring, the reference to the rod was of course the real clue.

waited for Nuclear to do his thing again, but nothing happened.

Oh, right, he's dead.

Although there never was a corpse... but I distinctly recall them taking him - or was that a dream?

Regardless, I am now alone. Oh so alone!

Stars
                                This was supposed to be obscure - I tried to get to Spaced's homestead Texas, the Lone Star State, but as it happens, the stars gave him away by accident.

Comment

Working...
                                X