No announcement yet.

IGN awards of 2004

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cant have fun in a competitive game without being competitive. How boring would a non competitive chess or poker be?

If you suck at chess, you can find an opponent who sucks, too, and have fun. If you suck at Deathmatch, it's quite hard to find a server where most players are not veterans with great practice.
    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Two horrible chess players arent playing chess if they are that bad. Theyre playing some weird game that plays completely differently and defys logic, despite using the same board and pieces...
      :-p

Comment

No...

Comment

Zero has a problem with over-competitiveness. Probably has something to compensate for. Don't mind him - he doesn't understand the meaning of fun.
          Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

No...

Comment

I do understand the meaning of fun. Competing is fun, whether you win or lose. What I dont understand is how someone can have fun while playing without any thoughts/strategy/goal/challenge what so ever..........

And yes, OMG I have to compensate for my 1mm Dick you dickwad. Thanks for passing that LAME insult as slick. Wow. 1:0 General Ludd. Wheeeee~ Congratulations. :rollseye:

OMG, but I HAVE a DICK! MUHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA LOL OMG WTF LOL.

Comment

I do understand the meaning of fun. Competing is fun, whether you win or lose. What I dont understand is how someone can have fun while playing without any thoughts/strategy/goal/challenge what so ever..........

Yes, but what is competing? On a server in a FPS game, I'd say if I have a fair chance at getting some frags, it's competing, and is fun, agreed. Then I can have fun even if running the last by score on server. However, there are cases that are different, when the map runs for 15 minutes, in which time you get 2 lucky frags, while you have been fragged 37 times. That is no longer competing.

I agree though that some people have a very different idea of fun. I know some people, in different games, like to join games with inexperienced players, kick everyone's butt easily, and call that fun. Bah. My perfect idea of multiplayer fun is a match against an evenly skilled opponent.
                Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Working...
                X