No announcement yet.

IGN awards of 2004

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I am not a fan myself either (although I have had some fun with CSS), but if you look at its success, it's obvious that something was done right about the game.
    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

But it still shouldn't win any awards in 2004 for gameplay devised in 2000.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Why not? It's not an innovation award after all...

Comment

Exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Quite.

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
                Because the game itself is unchanged. They are not graphical awards, they are game awards. If the game is unchanged since 2000, it does not deserve a new award in 2004.

Those awards ought to go to games actually released in 2004.
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

So what? It doesn't matter what was changed.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Nuclear
                    So what? It doesn't matter what was changed.
                    Counterstrike is not a 2004 game, no matter if the graphics are slightly upgraded.

If it was Counterstrike 2, with new game modes and significant changes, then I could see it...

Comment

So should C3 Gold be eligible for the award, even though the only thing changed was the box art?

Comment

Nope.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                          So should C3 Gold be eligible for the award, even though the only thing changed was the box art?

If the game wasn't changed in the slightest, then no.

Comment

CSS is still a different game from CS. It has the same gameplay, but different graphics, maps, engine, online system... yes it's not enough to make it really different for CS 1.6 experts, but it is a different game.

Or on the technical level, most source code to CS and CSS is different.

Comment

The maps are still the same with a few additions when I played, which qualifies it as an expansion pack of sorts.

The engine and code may be different, but the game is not. It doesn't even look that great.

Comment

There is a new map now, a completely new map.

The gameplay is the same, but it's still a different game from the original CS, although subtly so. Definitely eligible for awards.

Comment

Working...
                                X