Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nexus: The Jupiter Incident (Imperium Galactica 3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GeoModder
    Nexus in fact has nothing to do with the Imperium saga anymore.

It was perhaps at the outset, but after change of producers and being in the 'fridge for a while, it became a tactical battle simulator with nothing in the way of resource gathering or shipbuilding.
    Thus, my main disappointment.

It is a nice game, some scripting bugs notwithstanding, but I gather I might be considered a bit biassed if you see the main poster on the official forum.
    I almost registered just to say "Hello" but I was distracted by the "This Game is crap" threads in my search for help on one of the missions. I've since passed it.

Some extensive mods have been created, or are in the process of being created. Noteworthy are the unavoidable Star Trek conversion, and I think a B5 mod is reaching completion as well.
    2 community made campaigns are in progress as well, which still play in the Nexus universe (sort of) and there are a number of people who created missions.

Attempts are/were made by a few people to see if 4x elements could be added, but they seem to have given up at the moment, and are waiting on the verdict whether or not the source code would be released.

Drose, did you try out the mission skirmisher tool? It's way easier to create what you call a melee session.
    Like I said, I've only just gotten the game. I took a cursory look at that, but found myself annoyed immediately. Perhaps when I get home from work tonight I'll take another look.
    The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Good, bad, ugly?
      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Grating.

I've taken a break from it the past few days. Its are graphics gorgeous, but as we all know good graphics don't make up for buggy gameplay. There is some glitchyness with the power and targetting systems, as well as the ship behaviour settings, but it's mostly playable. I'm about halfway through the storyline with the help of a walkthrough.

I really wish this had been a 4X instead of a linear shooter.

Comment

Is it tactical like Championship Manager or is it more like FIFA in space? IOW, are there a lot of arcade actions that demand good reflexes?
          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

Who and what? Sorry, but I have never heard of either of those games. Like I mentioned before, I don't care much for linear play so if that's what those two games are I'm afraid I can't answer. As far as reflexes, who needs them? This game has a pause function and you will use it frequently if you want to survive any given mission...

Comment

Okay, so it's a, ahem, RTS?

Comment

Originally posted by Jamski
                My only gripe is the fact that MP doesn't seem to have taken off
                Name your planet and stardate, I'll be waiting for ya.
                (but the next 2 weeks I have a lot of evening shifts. )

The last few days I see a group of 5-10 playing games in the evenings. But perhaps that was of the holidays in the US.

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
                No, it's an Real Time Tactical.
                He who knows others is wise.
                He who knows himself is enlightened.
                -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
                  Its not really an RTS... well its real time, but not a strategy game. This is a tactical game. Its fleets of gorgeous spaceships blowing each other into stardust. There's no resource gathering or building. Ok, before some missions you can choose the weaponry on your ships, but mostly the game is about captial ship combat
                  1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                  That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                  Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                  Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Got a whole bunch of pedants here

Most so called RTS are just tactical games, these include Starcraft and Warcraft.

Comment

Yes but Jam is correct. Games with no resource gathering but still RTS style fights are usually referred to as tactical games. Often the battles are more interesting than RTS battles.

Comment

And if two deities tell the same thing...
                        -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Yes, no game with resource gathering can be described as tactical. If you're gathering resources to fuel future combat this is surely strategical thinking.
                          1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                          That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                          Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                          Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

I have a hunch UR will have some silly justification for his post.

Comment

Perhaps 'the red crowd' will soon get knocking on the door as well .
                              -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Originally posted by Jamski
                                If you're gathering resources to fuel future combat this is surely strategical thinking.
                                Not necessarily. If strategic planning is miniscule, or all the planning is about rock-paper-scissors it's not a real strategic game. If the outcome of a game largely depends on who clicks the the mouse fastest, it's not a strategic game, either.

Comment

Working...
                                X