Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nexus: The Jupiter Incident (Imperium Galactica 3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nexus: The Jupiter Incident (Imperium Galactica 3)

Who's got it? Who's playing it? What's it like compared to the previous incarnations?

Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.
    Finding Civ 4: Colonization too easy? Try my Ten Colonies challenge.

Oh, ok, I've found the official site.
    Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.

Comment

First I've heard of it, I think.
      The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

I've heard good things about it but didn't really know what it was, so never bothered getting it....

But I guess I'll try it out now.
        Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

All I heard is that it was cancelled long ago
          Weird, I ´ll take a look...
          The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power. Not wealth or luxury or long life or happiness: only power, pure power.

Join Eventis, the land of spam and unspeakable horrors!

Comment

Never heard of it, which is unusual. Is it out now?

Comment

The first link I posted shows that it is on the shelves in NZ. I went to a mall today and saw it there.

If you follow the second link to the official forum you can download a demo.

Comment

well i liked the first and second games - and knew this was coming sometime. The quiet release doen't always mean they are throwing a googly, but it doesn't exactly fill you with confidence either? I'll go check the sites and if anyone gets it here, then let us know how its going

edit: ah just read a topic in those forums about 'too-liniar, finished too soon etc' - you could see it going this way...oh well, graphics look very nice though
                Last edited by child of Thor; December 1, 2004, 06:34.
                'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

The graphics are very pretty, but the demo sure as hell isn't very intuitive. I'm actually gonna have to find a help manual or something to figure out the controls. I pressed buttons and keys, but little happened.

Comment

Imperium Galactica 2 was hellish. I don't see how this could be any worse.

-Jam
                    1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                    That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                    Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                    Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

How does it compare to Haegemonia?

Comment

Whogewhat?

Comment

I call upon the Dark Arts of Thread Necromancy!

*Bump*

Bought this game a few days ago. I'm trying really hard to like it, but it isn't what I thought it would be. I hate linear storyline games because there is zero replay value there, but worse than that this game DOES NOT include a melee mode where you can setup a battle and just duke it out. You have to either create a mission (an involved process) or do a multiplayer game which I don't particularly like (my DSL goes up and down sometimes and I don't want to pay-to-play for a game I already own).

Comment

Nexus in fact has nothing to do with the Imperium saga anymore.

It was perhaps at the outset, but after change of producers and being in the 'fridge for a while, it became a tactical battle simulator with nothing in the way of resource gathering or shipbuilding.

It is a nice game, some scripting bugs notwithstanding, but I gather I might be considered a bit biassed if you see the main poster on the official forum.

Some extensive mods have been created, or are in the process of being created. Noteworthy are the unavoidable Star Trek conversion, and I think a B5 mod is reaching completion as well.
                            2 community made campaigns are in progress as well, which still play in the Nexus universe (sort of) and there are a number of people who created missions.

Attempts are/were made by a few people to see if 4x elements could be added, but they seem to have given up at the moment, and are waiting on the verdict whether or not the source code would be released.

Drose, did you try out the mission skirmisher tool? It's way easier to create what you call a melee session.
                            He who knows others is wise.
                            He who knows himself is enlightened.
                            -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

This is an excellent tactical space combat game, nothing to do with Imperium Galactica in the slightest. It looks fantastic, plays like a dream, and lacks only a 4x element to make it into the best space game ever. The 3d space combat is intuitive, tactical and moves at a great slowish pace. You have time to think, but no time to relax. My only gripe is the fact that MP doesn't seem to have taken off
                              1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                              That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                              Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                              Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Working...
                              X