Victoria

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Victoria

My brother has the game, but he's not really into it, and offered to give me the game.

Is there anyone here who plays the game, and can help me figure out the economics?

Would it be a worthwhile game to learn to play?
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

I don't think he wants to cheat.

Comment

Originally posted by Comrade Tassadar
      Some of it doesnt work, but...
      So you can't even cheat properly?
      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Wrong forum. Visit the Paradox forums instead. But from what I read, Victoria isn't the best Paradox game.
          Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Of course, if you get it for free, by all means feel free to fool around with it!
            Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Thanks for the link Nostromo.

Rummaging around and I see plenty of stuff there.

As for CT's suggestions, I'd rather learn the game before I cheat.
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns

So you can't even cheat properly?
                Maybe he needs a cheat that gives him more information on the cheats.

Comment

I'd recommend Victoria for a strategy gamer. It gave me a lot of entertaining hours, although the patches make the game much harder as well as squashing bugs. Some may like that, some may think it goes too far.

My biggest criticism of the game is that you need to know what you are doing right at the scenario start. In your first year you have to set up your buy/sell orders right and know how all the factories interact so you can plan your industrial development strategy. You don't get the information on how to do that except by playing the game a lot or reading lots of the forum advice.
                  To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
                  H.Poincaré

Comment

It's a good game, extrememly much MM though. I think it's far fro0m their best game, but it's good nevertheless. Check out the Paradox games forum here, but that one is nearly dead, I'd recommend you to visit the official forum instead. Lots of tips, helpful people, lots of mods, and most important: The latest patch. The thing with Paradox is that they continue to develop the game for months and years after it is released, fixing bugs and game balance(lots of that in the start), but around patch 1.03/1.04 it is mostly finsihed and VERY good generally.
                    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

My biggest criticism of the game is that you need to know what you are doing right at the scenario start. In your first year you have to set up your buy/sell orders right and know how all the factories interact so you can plan your industrial development strategy. You don't get the information on how to do that except by playing the game a lot or reading lots of the forum advice.
                      Hence my concern with the economics portion.

Comment

I just got it recently, and have been having some problems with the learning curve.
                        Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

I installed and removed it twice before I finally read just about the entire WickyViki through as I started to get really interested. Then the game started to work out, first game as Belgium, then as Sweden, Prussia, Russia... gradually going to bigger and bigger countries. Haven't tried UK yet, though. But it's a nice feeling when the economy starts to kick in and net a profit and you can start writing off loans (which you'll end up retaking anyway in a year or two when you discover a new railroad tech).
                          Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Working...
                          X