Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Halo 2 comes out Tuesday: IGN gives it 9.8/10...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you set up a party? Do you just invite random people and hope they join?

Comment

Does anybody know what the little trophies are that you cna win in multi are?? I scoured the book, and nothing even mentioned them. WTF???????/
      Lysistrata: It comes down to this: Only we women can save Greece.
      Kalonike: Only we women? Poor Greece!

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
        How do you set up a party? Do you just invite random people and hope they join?
        Only people on your friends list can join your party... or even see your game for that matter. That's what I've been *****ing about.

Originally posted by bipolarbear Does anybody know what the little trophies are that you cna win in multi are?? I scoured the book, and nothing even mentioned them. WTF???????/
        Go to www.bungie.net and then their halo2 site. It explains what all the trophies are and a bunch of other stuff.
        "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

One word, LordNuclear: pwnz0r3d!!!!

Comment

That's does sound a curious implementation. Perhaps they'll change it, as it's bound to annoy people.

Comment

Does anybody have any handy tips for killing the prophet of regret? I've just been firing away at him endlessly from close range, but it seems a tad ineffective.
              Any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by Verto
                One word, LordNuclear: pwnz0r3d!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bipolarbear
                  Does anybody have any handy tips for killing the prophet of regret? I've just been firing away at him endlessly from close range, but it seems a tad ineffective.
                  Any ideas?
                  Jump on him and beat him down with your fists . Seriously.
                  "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

Spoiler:
                    I missed the part where it explained why they landed in Africa, or came to earth at all. They seemed to forget about that...

In fact, I missed the part where you actually got any information at all from the Prophet.

Comment

• The whole "playlist" system of game maps/styles, the whole system where you can create your own custom game type, the official ladders/custom game segregation...the Party system...

I dare you to name another FPS MP game with all of that stuff built right in from the start, and painfully easy to use.

Hint: There isn't any other FPS MP game with those features.
                      Hint: cs

pwned
                      I find it hilarious that you have to hype things which have been around for more than 5 years in PC gaming.

Why don't you play the game or read about the game a bit before posting such stupidity.
                      I had different opinions than you had, therefore I must know nothing.

You really think Halo 2 will become boring within 2 weeks? I guarantee you it will remain incredibly popular for years to come.

Hell, even Halo (which is an absolutely pathetic multiplayer system in comparison), remains enormously popular 3 years after its release.
                      Oh, we're talking about that level of popularity... in that case, yes, sure.

They do if you are talking about FPS, because FPS is not an innovative genre as far as "tactical twists" are concerned. It is all about the graphics. Everything else is just about the same across the board.
                      I think you overestimated the complexity of term "tactical twists". In a FPS MP, even a single new gun can create completely new tactical twists.

Q3Arena got boring within a couple weeks. That's a statement from a person who's never played much MP with his friends.
                      The first game which I played in mp with my friends was Doom. I've played O:FP in MP since it was released. Regarding q3a, I'm not talking about single player, in that case it would've gotten boring within two hours.

I'll tell ya: don't tell the sysadmins that, but we installed Q3A MP demo on all the machines in one of the computer labs at the university, and it's *much* fun to come in there around 2 o'clock in the morning the day before a big project is due, and play some good ol' MP. Here are people working on this project, freaking out they won't finish before the 8am deadline, and here you are and four-five of your friends, already done, just playing Quake. Man, that is fun.
                      Everything is fun when there's a big project to finish.

And many of those games VJ mentioned as boring after 2 weeks have many players sometimes years and years after release.
                      Yes. Even Doom still has tens of mp's up on ASE as we speak. When you're bored/depressed and there's a random game lying around on your HD with MP capability, of course you'll start playing it for a while again. That wasn't my point. My point was that they weren't really memorable nor legendary games.

Comment

• umm

Quake, and HalfLife, had many many people playing years after their releases

and I know many people who prefer those games to ones that have come out sense

so yah, they are memorable/legendary, and have kept their fans as well as Civ2

Jon Miller
                        Jon Miller-
                        I AM.CANADIAN
                        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                          Spoiler:
                          I missed the part where it explained why they landed in Africa, or came to earth at all. They seemed to forget about that...

In fact, I missed the part where you actually got any information at all from the Prophet.
                          Did you beat the game yet?

Here's why that's going on.

Spoiler:
                          If a Halo is activated, but cancelled, all of the other Halos in the area go on standby. In order to fire them, you have to use the Arc. The game doesn't specifically say where it is, but it's pretty obvious that it's in Africa. Earth seems to be the forerunner's homeworld, before they wiped out all life and themselves when the Halos were fired.

Comment

• Jump on him and beat him down with your fists . Seriously.
                            thanks busta, I'll try that.

Comment

• Originally posted by VJ
                              Hint: cs

pwned
                              I find it hilarious that you have to hype things which have been around for more than 5 years in PC gaming.
                              Have you even played CS?

CS had none of that...
                              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• From Bungie.net:
                                Seventeen furious dudes from Texas ask: Why in the name of sweet Holy Carl can't I just choose a Team Slayer game from OptiMatch?

We are also still evaluating our existing playlists and gametypes within each playlist based on activity so far and all the feedback we've been receiving. We will have some initial adjustments soon, which are substantial and should make a lot of you happy (like the Team Slayer players). In the meantime, you should keep playing anyway, since part of the point is to open up new game modes to players, and more importantly, use the Party system to create parties and play any gametypes you like. That's what it's for! And, this isn't immediately obvious, but you can send a party invite to someone straight from the post game carnage report. If you want to group up with players you just played with, when the game is over, scroll through the post game carnage report, select the player and then you can send them a party invite. You DON'T have to be on someone's friends list to be in their party.
                                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                                Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Working...
                                X