Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Halo 2 comes out Tuesday: IGN gives it 9.8/10...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, the MP sounds great
    Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
      So no flashlight in MP (not that it was ever useful anyway)?
      Right, no flashlight in MP. The white button is remapped to the radio.

Also, as you might have guessed, you can't throw grenades when dual-wielding (the left trigger gets mapped to your left gun). That makes sense, anyway.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Oh, and the AI can finally drive the 'hog now.

So in single-player, you can man the gun and have the AI drive the 'hog around. They're surprisingly really good, they keep the vehicle moving in circles around targets, so as to make ourselves hard to hit.

I also really love the vehicle-jacking. It makes the tank far more balanced in multiplayer...it's still hilarious when you manage to jump onto the tank and jack it -- you can use the B button to just pound your fist into the driver while the tank drives around. Looks awesome.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Does the driver die or get knocked off?

And what exactly happens when you throw a grenade down the hatch of a Wraith?

Comment

The driver can die in the tank if you beat him down with the melee attack.

In other vehicles, you just throw them out (they roll on the ground a bit, then get up).

And I haven't thrown a grendade down a Wraith hatch yet.

Comment

I read that that was the boarding thing for the Wraith in EGM.

Comment

Damn... it seems Single Player is kind of short and a lot of stuff they put on multiplayer (which I don't do). I haven't heard much about the SP campaign... maybe some of the later reviews will go into that.
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I read that that was the boarding thing for the Wraith in EGM.
                  EGM gave Halo2 a perfect 10, right?

I haven't had a chance to board a Wraith yet, because I've only encountered them in Single Player while I was driving the Vulcan Tank.

As you might imagine, they never got close enough to me for me to test the theory.

Comment

I hear this game took an outrageous amount of money on release day.

Comment

Over $100M.

More than any movie has ever made in a day.

Comment

Vulcan Tank?

Is that just a new Scorpion?

Comment

I GOT HALO 2!

I won't be online much today

Comment

Vulcan Tank?

Is that just a new Scorpion?
                            Sorry, meant Scorpion.

Comment

Hmh. A friend of mine got Halo 2... Two XBoxes, two TVs, me and three other guys in MP for the past 6 hours non-stop. My god. I am going to fail all my classes.
                              XBox Live: VovanSim
                              xbox.com (login required)
                              Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
                              Spore page

Comment

what's so great about this game?

Comment

Working...
                                X