Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Halo 2 comes out Tuesday: IGN gives it 9.8/10...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everything, n00b.

Comment

I just wish I didn't need to go out and by additional accessories to hear it on my sound system.

Oh well.

Comment

Well, I like it... but not enough to give it a 10. I'd say maybe a 9/10.

I'm not sure how the online hosting works yet, joining games online has been pretty lame so far. Too many idiot team killers or people with names like Salad Tosser (doesn't he know what that means??). I suppose that once you can actually get a game organized the way you want it, it will be fun, but so far it's bleh.

The options are all really cool though. Two separate accounts (maybe even 4 but I haven't tried that) can be logged on to the same xbox at the same time, and your account maps to your local profile which is nice.

Spoiler:
        The single player has a pretty stupid ending, as in it doesn't explain a damn thing. I assume that plant thinger is the flood boss, but I want to know what happens on Earth. How can you end a game with Earth being invaded? Let me play the damn last level as the Master Chief and blow up that ship. It wouldn't surprise me if they are saving the final level for some downloadable content that you need to purchase
        "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

what's so great about this game?
          hype

I'm not going to read all of Asher's spam in this thread, I'll just say that if it fails to bring any new tactical twists into the FPS MP, it'll get boring within two weeks, just like FC/UT/q3a/q2/dn3d did before it. Graphics are nice, sure, but they don't make a good game.

Comment

The whole Live approach and implementation have never been done before in a FPS MP.

The whole "playlist" system of game maps/styles, the whole system where you can create your own custom game type, the official ladders/custom game segregation...the Party system...

I dare you to name another FPS MP game with all of that stuff built right in from the start, and painfully easy to use.

Hint: There isn't any other FPS MP game with those features.

Why don't you play the game or read about the game a bit before posting such stupidity.

You really think Halo 2 will become boring within 2 weeks? I guarantee you it will remain incredibly popular for years to come.

Hell, even Halo (which is an absolutely pathetic multiplayer system in comparison), remains enormously popular 3 years after its release.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by BustaMike
              I'm not sure how the online hosting works yet, joining games online has been pretty lame so far. Too many idiot team killers or people with names like Salad Tosser (doesn't he know what that means??). I suppose that once you can actually get a game organized the way you want it, it will be fun, but so far it's bleh.
              I haven't joined any "public" games yet, all of my friends from work and school have Xbox Live and Halo 2, and are quite addicted.

I'd imagine you'd weed out the less skilled players/team killers with time. I'd hope you're leaving Feedback (which is a built in option), to flag those accounts and get them banned.

Once you play more and rank up, you should be playing with a lot more serious players. The riff-raff will likely stay low-level.

I'll invite you to a game with my friends/coworkers next time I see you on. You're TJ Hooker right?
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

I'm back!

Comment

Impressions?

Comment

It's beautiful.

I love the color designing stuff. Much cooler than the simple suit color in Halo.

I got lost a few times in the first two levels, and I think they kinda overdo the cutscenes, but they were awesome besides that.

The third level was a shocker, because I'd had no clue you could play as an Elite in SP. And the air battle was w00tly.

Comment

Ok, well now I'm just kind of pissed off at the game in general. Yeah, the new online features add tons of stuff, but they're bull****. There's no way for you to create a game of your choice as a team. You have to join one of those damn clan matches that have preset playlist. By preset playlist I mean ****ing assault over and over and over and over ad naseum.

I DON'T WANT TO PLAY ASSAULT GODDAMNIT!!!!!!

... but I cannot keep my team intact otherwise. I mean seriously, what kind of stupid **** is that where you can't just host a 4 on 4 team deathmatch without having to yell at all the morons joining your team to go to the other side.

* BustaMike finally gets fed up of ****ing with the options and decides to not play anymore
                      "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

Originally posted by VJ
                        Graphics are nice, sure, but they don't make a good game.
                        They do if you are talking about FPS, because FPS is not an innovative genre as far as "tactical twists" are concerned. It is all about the graphics. Everything else is just about the same across the board.

Q3Arena got boring within a couple weeks. That's a statement from a person who's never played much MP with his friends. I'll tell ya: don't tell the sysadmins that, but we installed Q3A MP demo on all the machines in one of the computer labs at the university, and it's *much* fun to come in there around 2 o'clock in the morning the day before a big project is due, and play some good ol' MP. Here are people working on this project, freaking out they won't finish before the 8am deadline, and here you are and four-five of your friends, already done, just playing Quake. Man, that is fun.
                        XBox Live: VovanSim
                        xbox.com (login required)
                        Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
                        Spore page

Comment

I think its a good game, but I'm past the hype. On those lines I think gamespot's review of the game is spot on. Too many reviews such as GI's sount very fanboyish, and I didn't really get anything out of them. From my brief experience, I've noticed a few flaws to this game such as

- The ability to use the energy blade unlimmited in multiplayer.
                          - The match-making functionality in multiplayer is difficult to use to join a game that has the features you want.
                          - Playing on a friend's xbox is annoying, since you are assigned his gamertag with a number.
                          - The homing rocket launcher.
                          - The lack of mod-ability that is present in other FPS (why not have a PC based app that allows you to design things and load it to your xbox)
                          "What can you say about a society that says that God is dead and Elvis is alive?" Irv Kupcinet

"It's easy to stop making mistakes. Just stop having ideas." Unknown

Comment

This game can't be as good as all the hype.
                            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Pythagoras
                              - Playing on a friend's xbox is annoying, since you are assigned his gamertag with a number.
                              You can sign in with your gamertag as well. I did this yesterday, I have a memory card keychain thing with my XBL account info on it, and when it's in the controller I can select my account and log in with it.

- The lack of mod-ability that is present in other FPS (why not have a PC based app that allows you to design things and load it to your xbox)
                              Because that'd open it up to hacks and exploits prevalent in PC multiplayer games. I stopped playing most PC mulitplayer games because I hated all the cheats. Modability is a two-way street.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                                TYou really think Halo 2 will become boring within 2 weeks? I guarantee you it will remain incredibly popular for years to come.
                                And many of those games VJ mentioned as boring after 2 weeks have many players sometimes years and years after release.

Comment

Working...
                                X